How do you carry on your motorcycle?

Guest sling

Guest sling

I just bought a bike a few days ago and was curious as to which method people typically prefer to carry. My jacket is pretty thick and i find the thought of reliably "concealed" impossible.

Carry openly on the the hip, thigh holster, shoulder?

Let me hear your opinons.

Peace on the road. ^

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry the same as when I'm not on the bike. IWB.

Take the jacket off and it's still business as usual.

I have carried in a tank bag from time to time, and in a belly band under my 1 piece suit.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I haven't tried it yet. Bike has been down in need of a rear tire for the last couple weeks, since before my HCP showed up. I'm thinking I'll either just continue IWB carry on the bike, or else remove it from the holster and put it in a tank bag during the ride.

I have a couple concerns for keeping it IWB on the bike. First, access won't be as good there as if it were in my tank bag- the jacket I wear fits snugly at the waist, and would probably be difficult to pull up if I were to need to draw. Second, if I were to go down, I'm not sure I want a chunk of steel getting mashed into my hip. On the other hand, if I carry in the tank bag, I have to either leave it there when I go in somewhere, (BAD) or holster up out in the parking lot in view of the world.

Guest Mugster

Yeah, I looked long and hard for an IWB holster with retention. OWB doesn't work if your jacket is tight enough. I'd worry that the jacket pressure and movement while sport riding will pull a handgun out of its holster anyway.

I carry in my old M7 tanker rig. Works like a champ, but, its not really "concealed" if you take off your jacket. These are probably the best, although cheaper ones are out there:

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-96-14-1942-tanker-holster-5-12-to-8-38-barrels.aspx

I'd use a lanyard too, especially when offroading, but the civilians don't like em. I carry it externally over my shoulder pads when offroading way out past the mayonaise.

Guest sling

I think i might give a thigh holster a try for a little bit. One can pick up a blackhawk pretty cheap... and if i dont like it.. well... i'm sure there is some airsoft kiddie out there that would buy it off of me. :blink:

I might even be able to sew some sort of... "flap" on my bike pants via velco over it if i want to hide it. People dont really look at the person on the bike as much as the bike.

Guest Major Pain

I keep my bug in my pocket and usually stick my J-frame in saddle bag. A little unhandy to arm up in parking lot but better then going down with it in my waistband. I had a buddy go down with an unopened beer in his pocket, broke his leg and he said it felt like he was body slammed with a brick in his pocket.--MP

Guest Boonie

well i am carring a keltec p 3at and i got one of the belt clips for it (off ebay for 6 bucks plus shipping) and i just carry it on the back of my waist line it works great it clips on my blue jeans and my vest hides it very well. sometimes you have to reajust it but other than that it works for me. by the way i ride an old school cb750 honda with extended front forks with a king and queen seat.

I carry as I normally do. OWB holster at 4 o-clock, loose fitting button-down shirt untucked to conceal. The wind doesn't carry my shirt up enough to reveal anything. The 4:00 position is pretty comfortable on a bike.

Unfortunately, being right-handed, I can't keep my hand on the throttle and draw and shoot the bad guys at the same time :up:

Unfortunately, being right-handed, I can't keep my hand on the throttle and draw and shoot the bad guys at the same time :up:

Although I haven't done it...that is the very reason I have thought of setting up my shoulder holster for a left hand draw. :death:

Guest GUTTERbOY
Although I haven't done it...that is the very reason I have thought of setting up my shoulder holster for a left hand draw. :up:

See, I'd think that having it set up for a right-hand draw would be optimal... I'd think that if I ever needed to draw and fire while on the bike, I'd be stopped... which means my left hand is busy holding the clutch in, with my right free to do whatever. I always stay in gear while sitting at lights, and I'm not sure I trust myself to find neutral if I'm in a situation where I need to draw. On the other hand, if I were to just drop the clutch at a stop like that, the bike would almost certainly stall... but the abrupt lunge forward might not do wonders for my aim.

:death:

I think I might have just contradicted myself several times...

Guest db99wj
Just mount it to the handle-bars. Problem solved.

that reminds me of childhood, rip the ends of your grips off your handlebars and then you could put bottle rockets in them and fire them at each other..

Guest GUTTERbOY
You guys are all crazy. Use the thumb switch for the handle bar mounted machine gun. That way you can operate the clutch and the throttle and still get the badguys.

I never use the kill switch anyway, might as well repurpose it... :drama:

Guest janwbrown616

I have a biker's vest I bought a few years ago that actually has a built in concealed pocket designed to hold a handgun on one side, on the other is another pocket for spare mags.

When it's too warm I use my PPK/S with a clipdraw attached in an appendix carry.