Call To Action: Universal Background Check=Firearms Registration, Jail for Violators

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

He makes a good point when he says that the only realistic way for the federal government to track person to person firearms sales is through requiring all firearms to be logged in a federal registry. In that way, universal background checks are dangerous to everyone who owns or ever will own a gun.

But this "universal background check" (UBC) that's being discussed has even more dire implications. We have been willing to surrender the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment a little at a time, when the reasoning behind doing so made some degree of sense. But now we're faced with a proposed measure that bears no logical relationship whatever to a reasonable purpose. And according to some recent polls, the majority of this Union is willing and eager to tread down the incredibly dangerous road of uniformly requiring citizens to pass a government investigation of their personal lives before those citizens are permitted to exercise a right that is expressly reserved to each citizen by the U.S. Constitution.

If the American people agree to this proposed UBC nonsense, then we will have set a precedent. Which other freedom will be next? It might be equally legitimate to allow police officers to search a house with no warrant - unless the homeowner has passed a background check. The exact same logic tells us that our government might require a man to pass a background check prior to writing a political opinion column for the local newspaper. If you took the time to read all this and don't understand what I mean or disagree, please post and say so. I think it's important that we think about the issue in these terms- not merely "I don't want more gun laws."

I may be wrong, but I think "U-B-C" is just a new way to spell " tyranny." Edited by Wheelgunner
  • Like 2