Another benefactor renewal question

I have a couple strange things going on...

I noticed my membership had expired a while back and intended to renew it.  When I got to paypal, I couldn't remember the password and didn't complete the transaction (best of my memory).

Then I forgot about it until I noticed that my CC had been charged (Feb 5th).  It's been about 2 weeks since then and my benefactor status hasn't been updated. 

How did the transaction get completed?  I presume the system needs a nudge to update my status. 

I did purchase a few stickers a while back, but that was billed to my CC separately.  No idea if that's related. 

:wave:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the TGO store they're listed as subscriptions, and while I've not paid it much mind, I think they might auto-renew.

They are supposed to auto-renew but this is the second time we've had this complaint in the past week or two. Peejman, rest assured David will be along shortly and get you fixed up but his day job does keep him hopping. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

They are supposed to auto-renew but this is the second time we've had this complaint in the past week or two. Peejman, rest assured David will be along shortly and get you fixed up but his day job does keep him hopping. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

I'm fine with auto renew, though it'd be nice if there was an email notice or something a bit prior.  Since I only did 6 months last time, that's what it's done again.  If given the opportunity next time around, I'll do a year. 

I had done only a six month sub last time around for some reason, got invoice when it ran out. Since I wanted to do whole year, I canceled the invoice. Three times. Keeps coming back.

Just cancelled it again, we'll see if it stays gone.

Anyway, when I did the one year one, I had option for recurring or non-recurring.

If any of that helps...

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm fine with auto renew, though it'd be nice if there was an email notice or something a bit prior.  Since I only did 6 months last time, that's what it's done again.  If given the opportunity next time around, I'll do a year. 

I'm sorry, I misinterpreted auto-renew. What I meant was it was supposed to update your profile once payment is received. 

I had done only a six month sub last time around for some reason, got invoice when it ran out. Since I wanted to do whole year, I canceled the invoice. Three times. Keeps coming back.

Just cancelled it again, we'll see if it stays gone.

Anyway, when I did the one year one, I had option for recurring or non-recurring.

If any of that helps...

- OS

That's interesting too.  I've no idea what went on with paypal... the reason I couldn't remember the password is that it's my wife's account.  So if there were notices or something there, I wouldn't have seen them anyway.

That's interesting too.  I've no idea what went on with paypal... the reason I couldn't remember the password is that it's my wife's account.  So if there were notices or something there, I wouldn't have seen them anyway.

I got the original invoice via email through PayPal.

But the invoice also appears in my TGO profile, under Client Area / Invoices / Pending.

It's still gone this time, we'll see if it stays that way

- OS