• yes i carry at home even if i no im not leaving
    • no i keep it close by
    • no it stays locked up

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

I keep one close by, I do not carry in home, or while doing yardwork...doors are ALWAYS locked (even while I mow) I live in a good neighborhood, meaning, watchful neighbors. Some are Cops, most are hunters, ALL are gunowners. We are all watching eachother, and someone is ALWAYS home. I love living in a cove!

well..here's a first for me!

2 days ago myself and another crew member was sent from Nashville back down to Chattanooga to take care of some punchlist items that we had on a couple of towers. Since I had to spend the night we got a hotel room at one of the extended stay hotels there.

Justin, the other guy on the crew walks out of the hotel room for a little privacy so he could speak to his wife on his cellphone and he left the door shut but not locked...it was just barely open. about 10 minutes after he left, a drunk fella just walked right into my hotel room. apparently he'd gotten into a fight with someone and was looking for a little redemption...so he walks in and mumbled something to the effect of "I'll kick his a$$"..

well, that's all it took for me..I grabbed my pistol off the nightstand and pointed it at him and explained to him that if he wanted to come into the wrong hotel room and start a fight, the hotel staff would soon be scraping his brains off the wall and wondering what color to paint the room in.

he left in a high state of nervous agitation.

when my crew mate got back I explained to him what happened and he said he saw the guy walking around in the parking lot talking to himself and apologized for leaving the door unlocked.

so perhaps now you can understand why I don't even go to the bathroom without a firearm being close to hand.

*sigh*

Edited by towerclimber37
I keep 2 loaded in my underware drawer. But (IMOHO) if you have to put one on straight out of bed, in the shower, or while mowing your lawn....it's time to move to a better neighborhood....just sayin'.:rolleyes:

Absolutely. I don't answer the door, and most times i won't even answer the phone when I am home. I have a weird schedule at work, so I don't want anyone getting the wrong ideas.

Last year though, between Christmas and Thanksgiving, I had a nice young salesman type show up at the door. After his schpeel I asked him for a business card, funny he didnt have one. He did, however, keep looking over my shoulder...as if to SEE what we had around the house as far as Christmas presents and whatnot.

I asked him to wait right there ouside the door, he asked why...I replied..." I am going to get the phone and my gun. The cops will either check you out, check you in or scrape you up....whatever you like".

Funny...never saw a dude in a suit run like that.

But I keep it close by.