Question an value of AR's?

Spots

Well, Mini30 generally cost more than the Sport new, back in the Normal Times, and Mini30's were never as easy to find. And yours is the new improved barrel/sights version, too, so it's not very old.

So, I dunno. Might come down to which caliber you like best. I know if I were into 7.62x39, I'd want a Mini 30 even if I had an AK, 'cause even though I have AR's, I love my Mini14s also.

Far as EOTWAWKI it, the Ruger has the drawback of a few critical parts, which Ruger won't sell you as backup, while ARs are lego toys.

- OS

Yeah, I don't think I'd trade even for the Sport. Maybe look up a percentage value difference in today's crazy prices and get some cash with the deal.

The carbon 15? No one is going to pay big money for that pos

yea maybe not.  No gun person would, but there are 20 million idiots looking for an AR right now....

bet a guy with 4 ARs has extra mags if you think the mini is worth more.

Edited by Jonnin

I'd dont even know how to figure this, or even if I want to trade lol. It was just a thought, and Id always wondered how to price AR's

Here is how I stand on the Ruger

I paid:

Rifle, 2 20 rd mags and 5 rd mag - $650 with 40 rds through it. I have put an additonal 40 through it. Rifle is less than 2 months old

Ammo - 300+ assorted rounds. All bought post panic

Sparta stock- $250

Tru Glo - $50

That is my actual paid price. So I have $950 minus ammo. So what kind of AR's would make sense if I was looking at trades? The Ruger mags are $35 each, and the rifle was $750 two months ago.

Disclaimer:

I'm not saying I would trade for an AR, just trying to get a ballpark on what to tell this guy since he keeps asking

I'd dont even know how to figure this, or even if I want to trade lol. It was just a thought, and Id always wondered how to price AR's

Here is how I stand on the Ruger

I paid:

Rifle, 2 20 rd mags and 5 rd mag - $650 with 40 rds through it. I have put an additonal 40 through it. Rifle is less than 2 months old
Ammo - 300+ assorted rounds. All bought post panic
Sparta stock- $250
Tru Glo - $50

That is my actual paid price. So I have $950 minus ammo. So what kind of AR's would make sense if I was looking at trades? The Ruger mags are $35 each, and the rifle was $750 two months ago.

Disclaimer:

I'm not saying I would trade for an AR, just trying to get a ballpark on what to tell this guy since he keeps asking

Well new the M&P was $750 for an average price. That's 21% less. So if M&Ps are selling for $1400 on Gunbroker I'd ask $1700 for the mini 30
Just wait. The prices will come down. Manufacturers haven't raised their prices which means the prices right now are artificial due to demand. At some point the prices will have to come down once demand is being met a little more and ARs are available at the big retailers for normal price..... And they don't go out of stock in minutes.

With the choices given I would keep the mini 30, and come on you just got that sweet stock for Valentines Day and it is still 2 days away. Keep the mini 30. Save up and buy a nicer AR (when) prices come back down. :2cents:

Edited by swim615

a year or so ago there was an online dealer in NY that was selling M&P stripped lowers... not sure if you can still get them or not... but would make it hard to say its factory unless it came with a matching box

a year or so ago there was an online dealer in NY that was selling M&P stripped lowers... not sure if you can still get them or not... but would make it hard to say its factory unless it came with a matching box

Well, the Sport upper is fairly unique, what with no forward assist or dust cover. Also, barrel is stamped 1/8 5R, ya won't find many of those.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
If it was me, id keep the mini. They are harder to find than an ar, as is the ammo to feed an ar. I havent seen 223/5.56 on the shelf for a good little while now, whereas 7.62x39 is still popping up. And the ammo is cheaper too. Hopefully here in a few months supply will catch up with demand, or demand for ammo will fall because everybody is goin broke. A buck a round for pmc bronze 223? No thank you.

Plus with that stock you just put on the ruger, its a gooddd lookin stick. So just buy some ammo to feed it, and hold out till this craziness slows down more, then buy u an ar.

I remember last year a few ar's being listed in our classifieds for around $700 and it actually took a few weeks for them to sell Edited by reed1285