Moles

Fourtyfive

Watching for them in the morning and noon has worked for me along with gum or poison pellets in their tunnels. If you have the time put sticks in their runs, sit back and sip a few an watch the sticks move, then go after them with the shovel or your .22.

I have also sprayed for grubs and that worked for a while. I've heard castor oil or the beans also work. I don't know if castor oil hurts the lawns though, guess not, mix in a sprayer with water.

I have threatened to use Tannerite to kill nuisance animals before. I couldn't imagine a quicker death than a 1 pound charge 12" above their head. Problem is most of my neighbors would have a serious problem with an explosion in the middle of the night. Heck, I might not even need to bury the body and would fertilize the yard pretty good.

Dolomite

I used to have a little Britney Spaniel.   She was hell on wheels.   She not on kept the moles gone,  but also the deer, turkey, rabbits, heck just everything.  

She was hilarious to watch hunting moles.  She'd stick her ear to the ground,  dig like crazy and stop,  stick her ear to the ground, dig like crazy, on and on until she got her prey.   

She even once killed a ground hog!      I'm telling ya,  she was hell on wheels.   I clocked her once with my car and she was running 30 mph.

Edited by Gun Smith

Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer Granules you can pick it up at Home Depot or Lowes. Works like a charm.Kills all the stuff a growing mole likes to  eat. I was sinking up to my knees untill I used this. It also kills ticks, fleas, ants of all types and teramites. You use a spreadeder to broadcast it in your yard then use a water hose to get it  into the grass. Once the water dries your pets or kids can get right back in the yard again.

• Like 1

The method that I've found to be most effective requires the following:

• 1 friend or family member
  • 2 shovels
  • 1 ice chest
  • Beverages for the chest
  • Ice for the beverages

While enjoying the beverage of your choice, watch the mole trails.  When you or your partner see one moving, grab your shovels (being careful to set your beverages down - don't want to spill, after all) and head that way.  1 person jams his or her shovel into the ground six inches or so in front of the moving dirt.  The other then uses their shovel to flip Mr. Mole up out of the ground, at which point you could then place him gently in a bucket as one commenter already mentioned, or you can do what I prefer and whomp the piss out of him with the shovel that's already in your hands.  Repeat all steps as needed.

Edited by StPatrick
  • Like 1