Anyone have a good emergency radio they want to put out there to a fellow who is looking for one? I know very little about them, but want something that can be plugged in and works on batteries. I want to get one that can be around the house to get weather alerts and such.

Recommendations?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did some research a few years ago, and decided on this brand and model.  It appears this has some sort of certification for use with professional agencies.  Maybe it was a marketing spin, but none of the others stated that.  Here is the link to amazon, I think Reecom's website mentions the certification:  http://www.amazon.com/Reecom-R-1650-S-A-M-E-Effective-Memories/dp/B003JHJL38

I did use to have this model, before switching to the Reecom:  http://www.amazon.com/Midland-WR-300-MIDLAND-WR300-Weather/dp/B00009V2YV

Crane CC Radio 2, receives am, fm, weather, weather alerts, 2 meter ham band.  Runs on AC or batteries, Digital tuning, pre-sets, and a fine receiver on all bands.  They're not cheap, but they're excellent radios and worth the price.

And here's an Amazon link:  [url]http://www.amazon.com/Crane-CC2B-Radio-2-Weather-2-Meter/dp/B002NU5RZS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1360507027&sr=1-2&keywords=crane+cc[/url]

Edited by enfield

I am still happy with this.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weather-Emergency-Flashlight-Certified/dp/B0071BTJPI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3B3Z5DS42XUPE&coliid=I3D2W32UKNZ9WI

Also I don't have the link but I am sure another person will link one that has a built in 2 way radio.  I liked it as well but already had what linked.

If you're looking for something to take care of multiple problems, such as charging phones, light, weather radio, radio, then this is worth the money. I just ordered one for my mom and was very impressed with it. Very nice quality and very clear sound.

The only issue is you will need to buy as charger as it does not come with one. I have several in a drawer from old phones and one worked perfectly fine. It uses a MINI USB charger, not a micro USB. That's the only problem with this product, they don't include one for you.

Edited by Spank