Senators seek back room deal on firearm background checks

that worked real well this time around,  The Big O is still in the white house.  How many gun owners voted for him?

I think a lot of gun owners had their wool blinders on and saw BHO as no big threat to the 2A. There's no denying the left's position on guns now, and I hope a lot of eyes have been opened as a result. I'm not saying that I'm counting on that, but I can still hope.
  • Like 3

Can't organize a pub crawl but can organize a vote?  I ain't falling for it.

As for sooner or later I made that very clear, 3 or 4 generations.  And don't count on an AWB not passing.  It will not come for a vote until after the next midterm elections.

Non of their tactics will fix things, duh,  but they will claim that just a little more gun control will fix things.  Same thing they do now.

All we have is the NRA, and they could stand to get a lot better. Even though that's all we have, some gun owners don't support them.

Obama already realizes the ban won't pass. He has stopped pushing it.

I think a lot of gun owners had their wool blinders on and saw BHO as no big threat to the 2A. There's no denying the left's position on guns now, and I hope a lot of eyes have been opened as a result. I'm not saying that I'm counting on that, but I can still hope.

Not sure if it would have swung the election in those key states, but there is no denying that many folks who would have otherwise voted for Romney decided to stay home because they didn't like him and thought he was a bigger threat to the 2A than Obama. I wonder what they're thinking now.
  • Like 1

All we have is the NRA, and they could stand to get a lot better. Even though that's all we have, some gun owners don't support them.

Obama already realizes the ban won't pass. He has stopped pushing it.

No He has not, He is going state to state, on our tax dollars, preaching His stuff.

Wait and see, He will get enough states on His side, then push it again at the FED level.

He will Say "See X number of states agree with me, we should have this for the whole country".

• Like 1

I doubt he will get that many states on his side, but he will get a few that the media will chime about over and over.

Meanwhile, the liberal nut job ex-cop in Cali is making it untenable and the media can't spin it well enough for

plain old Americans to fall for the nonsense.

Gun sales are still up. :D

IMHO the NRA could find a better face and voice than LaPierre.  He is not inspirational at all, I find him to be a very poor speaker who often comes off as unprepared.

As for supporting the NRA I think we all support what they do, probably not with dollar bills though.  Even as important as the NRA is,if it comes down to sending money to them or paying for groceries, gasoline and electricity I am pretty sure where the money is going to go.  In a perfect world there would be enough money in my wallet to all for all four items, sadly there is not.

And to be very clear I do not endorse giving up the fight.

• Like 2

I vote Nugent

While most of us here like Uncle Ted I am not sure how well he resonates with the casual gun owner or constitutionalists who are not gun people.  It is easy to see how to others he comes off as a nutjob.

If it is to be a celebrity it would need to be a more mainstream type of fellow, or woman.

But just about anyone would be an improvement over Wayne.

IMHO the NRA could find a better face and voice than LaPierre.  He is not inspirational at all, I find him to be a very poor speaker who often comes off as unprepared.

As for supporting the NRA I think we all support what they do, probably not with dollar bills though.  Even as important as the NRA is,if it comes down to sending money to them or paying for groceries, gasoline and electricity I am pretty sure where the money is going to go.  In a perfect world there would be enough money in my wallet to all for all four items, sadly there is not.

And to be very clear I do not endorse giving up the fight.

I agree about Wayne. I get him, but they need another face for the ones that don't. Cox and Keene are fine.

I'm not talking about folks that can't afford to support the NRA. I'm talking about the ones that can, and choose not to for some reason.

I don't think we should give up the fight either. I think Obama and the grabbers miscalculated their poll numbers, and the real makup of the country. Obama has as much as said that. They thought they could seperate the AR-15 owners from the pack and violate their rights with the help of others. Instead, they have shown their hands to a bunch of people that didn't see though them before. When they shut down that big outdoor show in PA, it kinda proved that everybody was gonna stand together.

While most of us here like Uncle Ted I am not sure how well he resonates with the casual gun owner or constitutionalists who are not gun people.  It is easy to see how to others he comes off as a nutjob.

If it is to be a celebrity it would need to be a more mainstream type of fellow, or woman.

Yep. Ted kinda had his own little Yeager moment. I'm a big fan, but they need another Heston.

+1

I agree about Wayne. I get him, but they need another face for the ones that don't. Cox and Keene are fine.

They thought they could separate the AR-15 owners from the pack and violate their rights with the help of others. Instead, they have shown their hands to a bunch of people that didn't see though them before. When they shut down that big outdoor show in PA, it kinda proved that everybody was gonna stand together.

I like Chris Cox, but have not seen him speak on news shows, just webcasts and the like.  Showing my ignorance I do not know who Keene is.

Trying to separate AR owners from fudds might be a chink in their armor.  

What ever happened to Tom Selleck?

Keene seems well spoken in that video, hard to tell from it what he can do on the fly.

I think part of what made Heston so good was his acting skills.  Of course Reagan used that to his advantage as well.

He's better than Wayne. I'm guessing his plate stays full with the folks in DC. He seems to really have his finger on that.

Just remember the NRA was offered a veto on that bill, and turned the offer down.

Yep, "compromise" on gun issues means that we lose something else. When's the last time we "gained" anything? The only thing I can think of are a few things in the Firearm Owners Protection Act. Which of course also Protected us by making machine guns illegal.

- OS

If you feel this way, why is a President sitting in the White House who has admitted he has the power to sentence any American citizen (whether inside the US or 1,000's of miles from any battlefield) to death with no review or oversight, and has ordered the death of at least 3 US citizens.

A lot of us are guilty of picking and choosing which liberties of other people we're fine with the government stomping all over...  I agree we need to take a hard line, but it needs to be a hard line including our own sacred cows that violate the Constitution.

There is NO COMPROMISE on the Constitution nor any of the amendments. If you accept a compromise on the 2nd, then be prepared to compromise the 1st, 4th, 22nd, etc. We are not debating some lame law here, and it really doesn't matter what the polls or the majority of the population thinks. It's not up for negotiation... well, it shouldn't be. I write/call my reps all the time, and my vote for them rests on this issue.

• Like 1

Not sure if it would have swung the election in those key states, but there is no denying that many folks who would have otherwise voted for Romney decided to stay home because they didn't like him and thought he was a bigger threat to the 2A than Obama. I wonder what they're thinking now.

I'm thinking that Romney has STILL done more against the Second Amendment than O.

O will never reach to the level of Romney on gun grabbing.

And knowing full well how partisanship works, I'm very thankful that there's not a "republican" in the oval pushing an AWB that RHINOs will support.