Shotgun and Pistol Match - Music City Tactical Shooters

Upcoming MATCH: Shotgun and Pistol Multi gun - Saturday February 16th, 2013

Round count: 45 shotgun(birdshot) and 75 pistol rounds minimum

COF will be coming out tonight. 

Time and Fees:

http://www.mctsclub.com/timesfees.html

Rules and Divisions(can change prior to the match):

Music City Tactical Shooters  -  Shotgun / Pistol Match

• Divisions:  Stock Service, Enhanced, Custom Defensive or Stock/Enhanced Revolver

Stock Service:  10 plus 1 in 1st magazine and all other magazines are 10.

Enhanced Service:  Fully loaded magazines.  No 140mm or 170mm magazines. 

Custom Defensive 45ACP/1911 type:  10 plus 1 in 1st magazine and all other magazines are 10.

SSR/ESR(Revolver):  6 rounds ----- Good luck!

Any type shotgun that can be used - Pump, Semi Auto, Double Barrel(or less)

• Classifications: None, Heads up

•  Chamber flags REQUIRED on all long guns  -  No EXCEPTIONS.  If your shotgun is not chambered with a flag, you will not compete.

•  No limit on the amount of magazines one can carry. All magazines are loaded to the following capacity listed below.  No Optic handgun weapons.

•  All hits in Non-Threats will count as HONT – 5 seconds  Steel MUST fall.  Missed Steel will result in 5 second penalty and FTN(5 Seconds) to be added. 

•  There will be no reloading shotgun allowed.

Edited by HOGNUT
  • Like 1

What does this mean?

"There will be no reloading shotgun allowed."

Once the shotgun is empty transition to the pistol?

Shoot the shotgun either to empty or as much as you need according to the Course Description.  Once you finish with the shotgun, you will finish all of the remaining targets with your pistol.

Stage 3 - Bay 3...., TWO Texas Stars WITH Swingers in front of the Plate Rack AND Color Coded!!!!!!!  :stunned:  

You'll need a Grad degree in Physics with an understanding of Phd level research in Range Rate Permutations and Combinations Data Interpretation & Probability of Motion Velocity Deceleration Infinitesimal Theory. 

For all you gamers out there already burning up your calculators, this "might" help...... 

And, don't forget that at best you'll only have 9 shotgun rounds to start the stage. :panic:

As for Me - - - I'm going to carry as many mags as my belt will hold.

• Like 1

Stage 5 in Bay 6 and 5 may have a reload for those shotguns only holding less than 6 rounds.

Weather will be great tomorrow!  Hope to see you there.  9mm ammo will be available for those that are having trouble finding it.

Day Feb 16

32.png

39°FHigh

Sunny

Chance of precip:
0%

Wind:
NW at 15 mph

Humidity:
45%

UV Index:
4 - Moderate

Snowfall:
0 in

Sunrise:
6:35 am

Moonrise:
10:02 am

Moonphase:
Waxing Crescent

Generally sunny. High 39F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

I sent John an E-Mail about my scores. The guys writing down the scores put stage one in the stage six column. I would have liked to run stage 5 in 27.03 however that is the time for stage one, stage five times is the 47.28 shown in stage four on the webpage. It does not change the total, just the stage details. Maybe John will adjust the offical scores to show the corrected scores. I won stage one instead of stage five, those 50 yard runs are hard on this old fat man.  

Maybe Mark can make us a graph. :rofl:

Guest ArmsForAmerica
I looked over the scores from your match. As not wanting to embarrass anyone, but it would help us new shooters to have some insight on why one of the shooters was DQ'd? Thanks

I think both were for grounding a loaded shotgun.

Other DQ'able offenses are; breaking 180° rule(as you face downrange), handling your gun outside of the firing line(at SO's command) or "safety area", handling ammo in the safe area, dropping your gun, and loading your gun or having a mag seated anywhere on the range except on the firing line.

And making fun of Hognut's ponytail. :)