When asked for ID do you show your carry permit or driver's license?

Guest sling

Do you show your HCP or DL when prompted for ID?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you show your HCP or DL when prompted for ID?

• Yes
    • No

Guest sling

This is just a thought i had last night. Seeing how both are legal forms of identifications, who of you that have permits use this as your universal ID?

Ex: You pay for something by credit card and your card is not signed. The cashier will sometimes ask to see your ID.

I usually show whatever happens to be on the top of the two in the little window of my wallet. Usually its my drivers license but my HCP has popped up on the top on occasion.

Just a curiousity. :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on where I am...and the attitude of the person asking. The VERY few times I've flown, I've ran into snotty ticket agents, it's fun to see their face when I use my permit as my 2nd form of gov issued ID

Guest GUTTERbOY

I'll stick with the DL unless there's some reason not to. I did use my HCP as a second ID at the bank the other day, though. Teller didn't bat an eyelash.

Guest clutepc

DL only, no sense giving some store the idea that they need to turn their place into a gun free zone.

Some may not have an issue, but I think most don't think about it until they see a HCP because next they start looking for where you have your gun.

I could be wrong but with gun laws and crime at the top of the news I think it's is something people are thinking about good and bad.

Edited by clutepc
The better question is why a cashier would ask for id for use of a credit card.

The possessor has full use of the card,doesn't matter if the possessor is who its issued to or not

My wife doesn’t sign her cards. She has written “Ask for photo ID” on all of them. Many cashiers look at the back of the card, but some don’t. The ones that look request an ID.

the poll options are wrong. yes or no answer for 2 options? the options should be 1 - DL and 2 - HCP

i use the HCP as it is always on top in my wallet and mine is the flip open type. the DL is under the HCP so if i get stopped, they are in the proper order when handed to the LEO.

Guest goomba

depends. but usaully my HCP for the same reason that cadillacdude1975.

however, I have recently been asked.... "what is this?" at barnes and noble. & I did show it to get into CBC east a while back. (If im buying booze, or going into a bar I usually only show my DL, but didnt this time) and the girl checking ID asked some guy behind her, and he said they dont accept the HCP.... I didnt bother to ask, was just there to meet a buddy and then move on...but it has always botherd me....

Guest sling

Uh...yeah i just noticed where i screwed up on the poll.

I was filling out another post on another board when i did that.... my bad. :hat:

Guest db99wj

DL only, I guess I would need to show my HCP if another form of picture id is needed. So far, and I have travled by plane 3 times in the last year, leaving for Chicago in a couple of weeks, and have only been asked for one ID, my DL.

Guest Angel 24/7

I did not sign the back of my check card so they would ask for ID. I always show DL.

I guess if cashier was a butthole I could show them HCP?

Today I was in Coolspaings Gallaria & I was carrying & I didn't want to carry my purse so I put my Hcp & DL & check card in back pocket. I was asked for ID at every store I was at & I showed DL they may have noticed my HCP. I don't think so.

Allan told me to keep it on me at all times if I have a gun on me! So I do as I am told.!

No the poll does not make sense.

Edited by Angel 24/7