My new bedside shotty!

Well I had this magtech 586 12 gauge that was just too front heavy for me to hunt with so I decided to cut the barrel down to 18.5". We did it last night with a band saw and it turned out real nice. All that I have left to do now is put a little cold blue on the front of the barrel and either tap for the front sight or buy a stick on. I also have some surface rust spots I need to take care of due to a lot of neglect from the previous owner. Wonder if I can still bird hunt with it?? :pleased:

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/photohmv.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question for you folks. I found a pistol grip for this online and will be ordering it but I am also interested in mounting some type of light on it. Since it does not have an extended tube on it how can I go about doing this? I am not familiar with tactical shotguns at all so treat me like a newb.

Well they have lots of nice stuff but it doesn't look like any of it will fit this gun. It look's like unless I get an extended mag tube I am out of luck. I know some models of this gun had a longer tube but they cannot be found online. The only parts I could find were on numrich and that was extra barrels or the pistol grip I ordered.

Have you actually fired a shotgun with a pistol grip?  Contrary to what you see on TV and movies, I think they are really hard to hit anything with.  I'm by no means an expert, and I'm sure some people can do well with a pistol grip.  I wouldn't have on a shot gun that is anything but a novelty myself.  After having fired a 12 gauge with a pistol grip, a "tactical" recoil absorbing stock, and a traditional stock, I prefer the traditional stock by a significant margin over a "tactical" pistol grip stock and by a HUGE margin over only a pistol grip.  For me, a pistol grip only stock would be pretty useless.  

Not yet but for $12 shipped I couldn't pass up the chance. :pleased:  I may very well end up putting the original stock on it. It would just be really nice for the overall length to be about 28" long as opposed to whatever it is now. I am thinking with some reduced power HD loads it would be manageable and a lot more maneuverable. What do I know though. I might end up with a fun $12 toy to try and hit skeet with from the hip.

I don't know much about these shotguns other than they were only imported from Brazil for about 2 years by Magtech. They are made by CBC. The fit and finish is on the low side but it seems like a reliable, solid gun.