Hypothetical Question on Restaurant Carry

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

In the geneal interest of just 'stirrng things up'.

Would you be willing to have TN Carry Laws changed to specificaly state CC, no OC, only, IF it meant the guaranteed passage of the restaurant carry bill? :devil:

Edited by nraforlife
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with molonlabetn and though I do CC and will probably always CC only I don't worry if my gun accidently prints or accidently shows and if the law changed I would hate the extra pressure of knowing that if it were to show I could get arrested.

I want restaurant carry but I'm not willing to give up one right to gain another, we should have both rights period!

Guest bkelm18
can anyone explain the "restaurant carry" to me? i think i understand what your talking about but want to make sure...

Carrying in a restaurant where alcohol is served. Currently illegal in TN.

Guest nraforlife
Haha very clever way of disguising a OC vs CC debate. But yes, I'd sacrifice OC in order to get restaurant carry.

No debate on CC vs OC intended, just a simple hypothetical question. Not meant to drag Naifeh or any other 'baggage' into it.

Simple yes or no and your thoughts.

On my part yes I would, reluctantly.

Carrying in a restaurant where alcohol is served. Currently illegal in TN.

thanks, thats what i thought it was referring to.

No, i would not sacrifice OC for anything. i dont OC normally, but have on occasion. i think the biggest benefit from having the OC with us is that it saves us from having to suffer from brandishing laws if anyone anytime did make out a print or see your gun...

my solution to this problem is do not go to restaurants that serve alcohol. i dont drink, and live in a small town and dry county so its a no issue for me anyways...

Guest GLOCKGUY
thanks, thats what i thought it was referring to.

No, i would not sacrifice OC for anything. i dont OC normally, but have on occasion. i think the biggest benefit from having the OC with us is that it saves us from having to suffer from brandishing laws if anyone anytime did make out a print or see your gun...

my solution to this problem is do not go to restaurants that serve alcohol. i dont drink, and live in a small town and dry county so its a no issue for me anyways...

so you never leave your county with your gun?

so you never leave your county with your gun?

i dont travel alot if thats what your asking, and we dont eat out alot either. when we do eat out its usually in our home county restaurants. yes, i do leave my county occasionally and i do carry my gun...i just make it a point not to give my business to places that i cant legally carry my gun there...

questioning like this is one reason i dont post alot of replies...i have better things to do than get into arguments or "debates" on the internet

Guest benchpresspower

If you go through everything needed to obtain the permit and the state of Tennessee says you can carry either way then by all means you carry how you wish. Yes, restaraunt carry should be passed, but why should one give up open carry. As it was stated earlier on here, we should have both not just one or the other but until Naifeh gets it through his head that a volatile situation can occur at anytime then we have to settle for what we have, although "settling" sucks.

Guest nraforlife
deep concealment and mind your business. can i be anymore blunt?

+1 - I find a 5-11 style undershirt works real well, slow access but almost ALWAYS with me that way.

Guest GUTTERbOY

No.

Not so much becase I go around carrying openly, but because I don't want there to be consequences if I print or accidentally expose. IMO, if anything, OC should be LESS restricted than CC- but maybe that's just because I was raised around laws like that.

In the geneal interest of just 'stirrng things up'.

Would you be willing to have TN Carry Laws changed to specificaly state CC, no OC, only, IF it meant the guaranteed passage of the restaurant carry bill? :rolleyes:

No.

I'm no great fan of open carry, but accidental exposure or printing could be (and, at times, would be) prosecuted as not carrying concealed.

Guest GLOCKGUY
No! I dont want somebody calling the Cops when my shirt slips over my gun.

ya and you know the anti Gun people out there would call in a heart beat just to try to get you in trouble :rolleyes:

Guest HunterH

yes. I would willing, but with the bill worded in such a way that accidental printing and exposure of the gun is not an offense. I want protection from the issues that have been raised in the thread in the form of printing, etc.

When I had my permit in Texas in the late 90s. that was the law. You must CC, but if accidental printing, or accidental exposure, you are ok. Just not blatant OC. In my heart of hearts, I think both should be legal even though I will never OC. I just don't want to cut off my nose to spight my face. Compromise will help us get our foot in the door on many newer laws that can be later made less restrictive as people grow more comfortable with the ones on the books.

I really think that the foot in the door technique will help us a great deal with advancing our agenda.

very good point HunterH. maybe that is what we have to do. getting the proverbial "foot in the door" would be easier than going all out like Virginia and having it open carry in bars/restaurants that serve alcohol. who knows though. as long as the Gestapo rules supreme, we will never have a good chance at this actually passing.

I'm afraid making any concessions on laws already on the books, would only get their foot in the door of making HCPs and carry more restrictive than it is now.

Now concessions and compromise on newly introduced bills is a little different. Just as with the restaurant carry bill. The original bill would have allowed carry ANYwhere alcohol is served, even night clubs and bars. So it has gone to the summer study committee in the hopes of a compromise to allow carry in restaurants while still prohibiting it in bars/taverns and the like.