Firecracker 400 on TNT

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man,it hasnt been called the Firecracker in YEARS!!!....:>)

Kinda like the Coca-Cola 600 used to be the World 600. What irks me is the announcers refering to a driver as "the 1988 Sprint Champion", last year it was "the 1988 Nextel Champion." NO, they are "the 1988 Winston Champion", unless they gave them a new trophy and destroyed the old one.

[/color]

Kinda like the Coca-Cola 600 used to be the World 600. What irks me is the announcers refering to a driver as "the 1988 Sprint Champion", last year it was "the 1988 Nextel Champion." NO, they are "the 1988 Winston Champion", unless they gave them a new trophy and destroyed the old one.

I am with you 100% on the Winston Cup. I know that NASCAR has a contract with Sprint but All of those previous champions were WINSTON CUP champions!! RJ Reynolds and the Winston brand played a huge part in getting NASCAR where it is today and I don't think that they should just pretend that they don't exist now.

Yes, I am "OLD SCHOOL" but I have been a fan since the mid 70's and I can't just let it go.

Firecracker 400

Southern 500

World 600

Etc.

Those really were the good old days when everything NASCAR did was not all about the money.

Firecracker 400

Southern 500

World 600

Etc.

Those really were the good old days

IIRC the Daytona 500 is th eonly event that has not sold off the title rights to the race. I really wonder how much longer it will be before they sell that one out too.

Confederate battle flags killed off the Southern 500.

I think the Pepsi Co. being willing to pay a lot of money for title rights killed the Southern 500. There are still plenty of Confederate flags being flown at races.

IIRC for a while it was the Mtn Dew Southern 500

Guest TNDixieGirl

I missed a few days worth of forum postings. Why are all those that were posted by the Joe person deleted now? Was he a troll?

This is the first forum that I have ever been involved with and I would like to know what the definition of a "Troll" is. Can someone please enlighten me?

If being an absolute jerk is close then Joeocoee was one.

Guest TNDixieGirl

Trolls typically post something outrageous or stupid in order to spark controversy or fighting. To me they're just attention seekers with nothing better to do.

Absolute jerk is a pretty accurate definition too. :D

wikipedia's definition:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Edited by TNDixieGirl