Firecracker 400 on TNT

Man I gotta say I love the TNT coverage of this race. What do they call it? Wide open coverage. Pretty good stuff. all races ought to be like this. First commercial goin on now during caution laps. If another network had it we would have missed the 84 blowing a tire.

Big suprise was Kyle Petty leading the race. LOL Of course he was driving the pace car.

I am also guessing about 85% capacity in the stands. The economy and gas prices are really going to hurt attendance.

going back to green soon, Go Junior

:rolleyes:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Yeah its a good race & coverage. I havent paid to much to racing lately. Are the little commercials that are going on in the middle of the race something new or do all the networks do it.? The goin from the sound of the cars to commercial through me off at first.

DE got murdered

WTF are you talking about? :popcorn::popcorn::down:

Now someone wreck Jeff Gordon!

You got your wish, Edwards kind of took care of that. Just a racing deal really.

That dang Kyle Busch is something else. I swear he is winning me over. The guy can flat out drive. Had to laugh at all the beer cans that were thrown his way on the cool down lap, LOL 6 wins at the 4rth of July, that is something else.

Hats off to TNT for the best race coverage of the season. Setting the bar pretty darn high.

And that Miss Sprint Cup girl gets hotter looking every week, WOW.

Kyle got her wet tonight.

NASCAR has gone downhill but I think it is mainly because of the safety issues that have been put in place since DE died. I am hoping that this new car will turn into a good race car soon. I go to the races in Bristol and they are not the same either. Last Aug. Busch race was good but the Cup race sucked. The spring races were better and I am hoping for the best come August.

TNT is about to take over as the best network. I have been a big Fox fan but tonight may have won me over. I think that Wally is the weak link but still not that bad. He is a better broadcaster than he was a driver.

Sorry TDR but Jeff is persona non grata in the Winger household!

The shrub has not won me over yet but you have to respect that he can drive (or at least has the best equipment)

Little E just needs to start shutting it off on every caution, he can win maybe 3 more races this year if he does the MPG strategy. Maybe we can change his moniker to Little MPG !:popcorn:

the Dale Earnhardt incident is long over with. calling it a murder is outlandish and quite honestly, pathetic as well. he was called into a greater service than anyone on this earth can imagine.

calling it a murder is just another way of saying you can not understand the facts nor the mechanics of what killed him and how he died.

i think your off-topic comments should be deleted by the mods as they have no reason to even be in this thread. go elsewhere to impose your conspiracy theory strategies on others. it is not wanted here.

Guest Grout
DE wrecked himself trying to block Marlin. Just as Gordon wrecked himself last night.

Correct.He was trying to keep Marlin off his "Boys",Junior and Mikey.It was something that he was not used to doing as he always was trying to get to the front.He knew Marlin had the fastest car that day.Even at that if he had not been so stubborn and had worn better safety equipment he may have survived.

who dont even know the race hasnt been called FIRECRACKER..since 1988

You will probably catch me calling the race in Darlington the Southern 500 when it rolls around next year too.

I am guessing I have forgotten more about NASCAR than you have ever known based on your ridiculous murder theory and the Gordon sucks comment. What are you, 14?

Gordon is a 4 time champ. Like him or not that hardly qualifies as "sucks". And I am just dumbfounded by the murder comment. Trying hard to make friends around here are you?

Guest Centennial
In my personal opinion,when DE got murdered,NASCAR died too...:>(

I was a true fan of Dale Earnhardt Sr. He was arguably the greatest driver in NASCAR history. I hated it when he died. However, I still love NASCAR racing and don't believe that the entire sport died in 2001.

Guest Major Pain

I use to be the biggest NASCAR fan around, now there are so many driver changes, car changes and it seems like a different paint scheme every race that it makes it hard to keep up with your favorite driver that I've almost lost interest. It seems like now all the old villains and heroes drive for the same team. There seems to be no brand loyalty, but what do you expect when it is a far cry from a souped up stock car, where it all started from. All the cars are almost identical except for the labels they stick on the outside. I guess the loss of DE done it for me, never been the same. I guess the paint schemes need to change every race so they can sell more model cars, but Jr.s car was the ugliest color I've seen in a while. Sorry to get off on my old man rant, just comes with age I guess.--MP :rolleyes: