Homeland Security seeking to purchase 7,000 'assault rifles

They know that those rifles will never be used to assault anyone.

Take a look around and you can see they don't use them.

If they used them we wouldn't have half the illegals we have now. 

Oh wait, I think it's common knowledge now days that you just walk across the border and be granted citizenship.

Or at least that's the way it's looking these days.  

Edited by TnShooter83
Guest ThePunisher

Now now. Those are PDW's. Personal Defense Weapons.
I assume to defend them from the public at large who have ASSAULT SCISSORS.

I made a correction for you.

But to muse at the real purpose would convey one to the tinfoil region, wouldn't it? What's that phrase? Power corrupts,

absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Ah, nothing but tinfoil. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why is this news? Many Police Departments have select fire assault rifles, and have for over 30 years. They correctly say that they are called “assault weapons” when owned by civilians. But they don’t point out that very few civilians own them; the majority of us own the semi-auto version.

However as I said before, getting in a pizzing match with the anti’s about what they are called won’t do anything.

I’m more concerned what those orders will do to the already short supply. I don’t know if 7000 is a big deal to whoever is filling the military contracts now.

Homeland Security is just a goon squad that has a history of terror in it's own right. Okay, maybe terror is a little strong,

but approaching it rapidly. If they were merely a police force, why would they need select fire weapons? Is there some

kind of threat only they are privy to? Janet Napolitano is Obama's lapdog for power. She is on record saying she will do

anything he wants. And I didn't hear any exceptions, either. Sounds like a goon squad to me. Maybe even a bit like another

dictatorial fest, like in the thirties. Go figure. Homeland Security has no real mission to justify it's existence, and, yes,

Bush was wrong in re-arranging our internal security forces so they could be re-directed on us, whether or not they

would be ever used like that. With an administration like we have now, it wreaks of power in the wrong direction.

If they were merely a police force, why would they need select fire weapons?

My Department had select fire weapons many years ago; and many do today. Why do they need them? BOA comes to mind among others. I’m not making any kind of argument that we shouldn’t have them, just that this is nothing new. I can have a select fire weapon; I just can’t justify the cost to do it.

My Department had select fire weapons many years ago; and many do today. Why do they need them? BOA comes to mind among others. I’m not making any kind of argument that we shouldn’t have them, just that this is nothing new. I can have a select fire weapon; I just can’t justify the cost to do it.

Your department probably had a need for them, also. It's not that I think a police department doesn't need them, DaveTN, but who, in this case

the department is. I don't consider anything good coming from Homeland Security. Usually, police departments respect their citizens more than

the federal government. Homeland Security doesn't fit in very well with the local people I trust to make the locales they work in a safe environment.

You thought I was ragging cops, didn't you? Absolutely not!  HS is nothing more than the SS.