Can you say police state?

wow.... The obstructing a government charge is one that has been used when people film the police during traffic stops. I havent seen them use it for failing to produce ID.

using crime stats for probable cause is going to come back to bite them.

That sheriff is going to get voted out if they stop and ask everyone for an ID. Going to get old real quick (and shouldn't be done in the first place). What about people in cars?

Well, population in mighty Paragould is 26,000, so maybe it won't take too long to quell that big crime wave.

In the meantime, I agree with CCI: the Paragould Daily Press's webmaster should be put under the jail.

- OS

• Like 1

Well, population in mighty Paragould is 26,000, so maybe it won't take too long to quell that big crime wave.

In the meantime, I agree with CCI: the Paragould Daily Press's webmaster should be put under the jail.

- OS

- OS

With a large population of those old folks who are drug and small arms king pins? Those old ones are the tricky ones you have to watch.

Yeah that's right, I'm looking at you OhShoot.

You can pause the photo slideshow to keep the page from jumping so much.  If you read the whole article, admittedly difficult ;), they crawfish quite a bit.  The sheriff evidently got a little hot-headed or stubborn about the whole thing and the mayor came in to do damage control.

Edited by wipfel
From the article:

"They may not be doing anything but walking their dog," he said. "But they're going to have to prove it."

Haha, I'm not one to get confrontational with police, but if I was told to prove that my intentions were legal and just when I'm out walking the dog it is going to end with me in handcuffs and a bankrupt PD after I get done gutting them with my lawyer. Seriously, there are PDs having to cut back all across the country and I keep seeing stories of police chiefs putting up "sue me" billboards. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

Paragould is just north of Jonesboro , AR and I can't imagine a crime wave up there that necessitates this. It is very rural and crime up there is not like in a city. I spent 8 years over there and have a lot of friends in that area and I never heard of anything about this. I even have people I know at Westview Baptist Church. I'm thinking it was an idea among many that is the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill. There isn't a lot of news coming out of Paragould, AR. I'm thinking this was about as exciting as it gets. ;)

I should add that considering the area about the only places you could actually foot patrol are at the local football games. This is the kind of town where if you DON"T have a gun in the gun rack of your truck they will question your Americaness. Of course you're girlfriend/wife needs to be sitting in the middle of the bench seat next to you as well.

Man I miss that area! Great people and a great place to live. There is no story here. Paragould is about the last place on earth that needs help from the commies. Great place!

I will add that there is a pretty serious meth problem in that area, but that is mostly the hillbillies. Ironically the older folks tend to be the addicts as opposed to the kids.

Edited by Smith