Feinstein's plan bans any gun with a 'grip'?

Guest No Ammo

Yes, I did. I think it's open ended. Liberal interpretations could be just that.

No open ended at all, only mentioned in relation to semi-auto rifles and shotguns, and as a second pistol grip on a pistol, which is already illegal anyway.

Doesn't really matter, we'll never see a vote on this bill as is.

- OS

Yes, I did. I think it's open ended. Liberal interpretations could be just that.

No open ended at all, only mentioned in relation to semi-auto rifles and shotguns, and as a second pistol grip on a pistol, which is already illegal anyway. First AWB had same stuff in it, except it had to be one of two disqualifying features.

- OS

Guest ThePunisher

[quote name="mikegideon" post="900757" timestamp="1359610225"]My position in this whole mess goes something like this...   WillNotComply_zps69e84779.jpg[/quote] My sentiments as well.

No open ended at all, only mentioned in relation to semi-auto rifles and shotguns, and as a second pistol grip on a pistol, which is already illegal anyway. First AWB had same stuff in it, except it had to be one of two disqualifying features.

- OS

The clarifications in the bill list p3 line 21 acknowledges that a pistol already has a pistol grip, stating that it would be banned if it has a second pistol grip. And by what the article states, that second pistol grip could be the forward frame or trigger guard since that is what we use to hold it, and it clarifies that a grip is ANY characteristic that allows us to hold the gun.

Now the pistol has a pistol grip without question, and a detachable magazine.; welcome to your new Kimber AR-45, that is about to be banned.

That guy doing the interview has caught something huge, and it needs to be spread around really fast like.

------------------------------------

They are not trying to ban a pistol with just a pistol grip. It must have either a threaded barrel, second pistol grip, barrel shroud or the ability to accept a magazine outside of the pistol grip.

AGAIN, as written it is not banning pistols with a pistol grip. Only those with a second pistol grip with is already regulated under the NFA as a AOW. What sucks for me is the threaded barrel as almost every pistol I have has a threaded barrel. And nearly every AR pistol meets 4 of the 5 criteria.

17 ‘‘(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the ca

18 pacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of

19 the following:

20 ‘‘(i) A threaded barrel.

21 ‘‘(ii) A second pistol grip.

22 ‘‘(iii) A barrel shroud.

23 ‘‘(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable

24 magazine at some location outside of the pistol

25 grip.

*****Page break****

1 ‘‘(v) A semiautomatic version of an auto

2 matic firearm.

3 ‘‘(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed maga

4 zine that has the capacity to accept more than 10

5 rounds.

We need to worry and become involved but the bill does not affect pistols with a single pistol grip.

Dolomite

Guest sculpinyakker

Something  I have wondered, and hesitate to mention on the 'net is this. I recently learned that most long guns have what arms manufacturers call pistol grip stocks, as compared to straight stocks of older rifles. Maybe this is what the OP and Highpower are alluding to...  By the way, I figure my marlin M60 .22lr semi-auto rifle has 4 strikes against it with PLASTIC aftermarket thumbhole/pistol grip stock with PLASTIC barrel shroud - according to proposed legal actions!!

My post count is low, but I read here and at  the high road daily. Since I log on to view any more, figured "why not post?"

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the site. :wave:

Something  I have wondered, and hesitate to mention on the 'net is this. I recently learned that most long guns have what arms manufacturers call pistol grip stocks, as compared to straight stocks of older rifles. Maybe this is what the OP and Highpower are alluding to...  By the way, I figure my marlin M60 .22lr semi-auto rifle has 4 strikes against it with PLASTIC aftermarket thumbhole/pistol grip stock with PLASTIC barrel shroud - according to proposed legal actions!!

My post count is low, but I read here and at  the high road daily. Since I log on to view any more, figured "why not post?"

Thanks to everyone who contributes to the site. :wave:

Howdy...first time I've seen ya, you've been a skillful lurker :)

No way this thing is gonna pass, I'll eat your hat if it even gets to a vote in the Senate, at least in any semblance of what it is now.

But you know, worst case, you get to keep what you have.

Which HighRoad is the HighRoad these days, I haven't kept up with the saga of the two?

- OS

Guest sculpinyakker

thehighroad.org

I was not sure if it is proper to link a website like that.

Hey I have read a lot from you. Much respect for your thoughts. What do you think of my grip law interpretation? Too "tinfoil"?