The 2nd Amendment Head Fake

With this administration I have learned while watching this hand (The AWB), what is the other hand doing (Amnesty For Illegal Aliens). I don't think even mighty O thinks he can get the AWB past the house or at least I hope not. Seems to me while we are focused on the 2nd he is pushing for 11-20 million new democrat voters. Stay all over congress about the 2nd, but if you oppose amnesty watch the other hand. I feel like we are being played.
  • Like 6
Guest Lester Weevils

With this administration I have learned while watching this hand (The AWB), what is the other hand doing (Amnesty For Illegal Aliens). I don't think even mighty O thinks he can get the AWB past the house or at least I hope not. Seems to me while we are focused on the 2nd he is pushing for 11-20 million new democrat voters. Stay all over congress about the 2nd, but if you oppose amnesty watch the other hand. I feel like we are being played.

Gonna be a long four years.

I don't think the proposed bill is that bad.  There is no amnesty that I could tell.  They must pay back taxes, not have a criminal record, the borders must be secured, and they have to go through the immigration process.  I don't consider that amnesty.  We'll see what the final version is, but if you think we can gather all of them up and ship them back, I think your kidding yourself.  

I don't want illegals here either, but I am for practical solutions.  The big question will be how will they determine what taxes one must pay and what will be the compromise on securing the border.  I suspect we all think they will screw that up, but it's a start.  If this proposal doesn't get worked out I am afraid Obama will try to do something on his own.  That would be worse. 

I don't think the proposed bill is that bad.  There is no amnesty that I could tell.  They must pay back taxes, not have a criminal record, the borders must be secured, and they have to go through the immigration process.  I don't consider that amnesty.  We'll see what the final version is, but if you think we can gather all of them up and ship them back, I think your kidding yourself.  

I don't want illegals here either, but I am for practical solutions.  The big question will be how will they determine what taxes one must pay and what will be the compromise on securing the border.  I suspect we all think they will screw that up, but it's a start.  If this proposal doesn't get worked out I am afraid Obama will try to do something on his own.  That would be worse. 

If you're talking about the deal that Rubio and those guys worked up, it sounds pretty good. Probably ain't liberal enough for our POS in Chief.

If you're talking about the deal that Rubio and those guys worked up, it sounds pretty good. Probably ain't liberal enough for our POS in Chief.

Creates about a murky 5-10 year path to permanent residency and a 20 year path to citizenship. If one does this thing and that thing and pays this thing and that thing and ...oh yeah, and actually wants to do it.

Most will just go ahead and die of old age as Mexican nationals, leaving two generations of American born progeny behind them as they go. Half or more of which we'll pay to either educate or run continually through the criminal justice system.

And of course creates a new giant untenable nightmare of bureaucracy added to the existing unworkable nightmare of bureaucracy. Probably cost every citizen in America an additional quarter a day essentially forever.

And does anybody really believe the border will be "closed" first? Or at all? Hah.

Other than all that it ought to work swell.

- OS

• Like 1

Creates about a murky 5-10 year path to permanent residency and a 20 year path to citizenship. If one does this thing and that thing and pays this thing and that thing and ...oh yeah, and actually wants to do it.

Most will just go ahead and die of old age as Mexican nationals, leaving two generations of American born progeny behind them as they go. Half or more of which we'll pay to either educate or run continually through the criminal justice system.

And of course creates a new giant untenable nightmare of bureaucracy added to the existing unworkable nightmare of bureaucracy. Probably cost every citizen in America an additional quarter a day essentially forever.

And does anybody really believe the border will be "closed" first? Or at all? Hah.

Other than all that it ought to work swell.

- OS

Forgot your happy pill again today :rofl: . Not a lot of options here. You either do it like that, or round them up and throw them out. They do need to shrink the time period some.

• Like 1

Forgot your happy pill again today :rofl: .

I'm about ready to cut all wires leading into the condo and take my camping gear and guns and buy some land in the place of least density in TN and dig a tornado bunker and ... oh wait.

Maybe I better just sleep on it. ;)

- OS

You don't have to ship them all home. You get tough on the employers that hire them and they will take care of themselves. When the jobs dry up they will go back home.

If they don't seal the boarder before they do anything the problem is going to be many times worse in a few years. When the illegals get a pass that will only make more come for the hope that they will also get a pass.

Here is the real deal- Dems see more votes if they can turn more of them into voting citizens. The reps. think that they can steal some of the hispanic votes if they go along with this mess. Personally, I don't think the reps. will gain very many votes because the illegals also want handouts that the dems like to hand out.

Unless BHO really screws things up ( He's going to really screw things up but I'm takling about something that screws the "free cheese" people), I don't see us winning a president election in the forseeable future. There's just too many "free cheese" people out there and BHO is going to appeal to more and more in his second term. I do think we still have a chance to hold good numbers in congress though

• Like 1

You do not have to spend a dime to send them home.  They will send themselves home if we adopt a couple of policies.

1)  Illegal aliens are criminals.  Treat them as such, just like anyone else who steals. 

2)  Fine employers who hire illegals.  Make the fines stiff enough that hiring illegals is not economical.  Something like a fine of twice what they paid the illegal since hiring them would stop most of this.

3)  When illegals are caught, sieze their assets.  Use the proceeds to bus them to the nearest border, and drop them off with the clothes on their back and a bottle of water. 

4)  Make it VERY clear that the ONLY 'path to citizenship' (or legal immigrant) status is through the legal immigration process begun in their home country.  (There are, of course, exceptions for refugees, political exiles, etc.)

This will never happen as it will be considered too harsh and cruel.

• Like 1

We've been down this road before back in the 80's, it was called Simpson-Mazzoli. Same BS, different name. I'm not expecting anything worth a siht to become of it.

All part of the slide of hand, diversion and division and wasting our tax dollars is all this administration is good at.

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

People it is ALL about getting in Power, maintain that Power and growing that Power.  It has nothing to do with what is good for this country and its citizens. Anything good that may come out is accidental at best.

Edited by nra37922

Write your Reps. and demand a plan to deal with them, so far it has been the POTUS ideas.

POTUS is going to get what He wants unless we make our Reps. do as we want.

Just about every e-mail I send ends in

WE THE PEOPLE voted you into office.

WE THE PEOPLE will vote you out of office

if you do not do as we ask.

Some of us weren't played at all.  One can search through some of my posts right after Newtown where I, AR, and a few others stated that nothing of real importance was going to happen with regards to gun control.  I stated then that their main priority was going to be immigration, and that Republicans will probably get stupid and pander to this group in the hope of gaining their vote.

Sheesh, I wish the Republicans would take their heads out of their a$$es.  Simply looking back from Reagan to the present, one can clearly see that the vast majority of hispanics are going to vote for Democrats regardless of what Republicans promise or do for them.  The only Republican representative or senator I have heard from that has made any sense on this issue is Rand Paul.  He is for border security first before doing anything about the illegals here.  He has even proposed that Congress vote each year on whether the border is being secured before doing any normalization of those already here.  I am somewhat moderate on immigration, but this crap Rubio et al. are trying to push sucks and will not fix the problem. 

I know I am just kidding myself, but I hope people remember all this crap when Rubio decides to run for POTUS.  I have already decided that if Rubio or Krispy Kreme Christy win the nomination in 2016, I will be voting third party again.

No way Christy gets nomination.

All bets are off after McCain and Romney. I'd wager Christie is likely to poll better than either of them did a year away from the election.

Unless something big happens to turn people away from the Dems, Hillary is unbeatable anyway assuming her health holds out.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Write your Reps. and demand a plan to deal with them, so far it has been the POTUS ideas.
POTUS is going to get what He wants unless we make our Reps. do as we want.
Just about every e-mail I send ends in

if you do not do as we ask.

if you do not do as we SAY!!!