The Walking Dead - Season 3.5

It showed a walker eating a cow when they were on the farm, as if they are attracted to anything living.  i've often wondered about the lack of animals running around, dogs, cats and the like

Because animals are typical skiddish when not domesticated and only allow so much proximity. Of course, guns change that because they don't understand projectiles.

Also you'll recall they ate Rick's horse.

I think analog may be thinking about dawn of the dead where the dog was ignored by the zombies outside the mall.

See that takes all the fun out of good apocalypse. I suppose there are no preppers in Bizarro Zombieland either and no whackos with half a million rounds of ammo they're hoarding (just kidding, jphilips63, I'm seriously jealous). 

Well, there are some preppers, at least.  I remember Tyreese telling the prison group that his group surivived the initial outbreak because there was a guy in his neighborhood who was one of those crazy end of the world prepper types.  Had a bunker and everything - except it turned out he wasn't so crazy, after all.

Seems to me that prepper should have kept his mouth shut as, since he isn't with the group, he must not have made it.  Maybe if he hadn't allowed his neighbors to come in and use up his stuff, he'd still be alive and based out of his bunker.

Also you'll recall they ate Rick's horse.

I seem to recall some Walkers eating a dead dog in one of the initial episodes.  Our first introduction to Daryl is when he showed up to finish off the Walker that was eating the deer he had shot with his crossbow (the others had cut the head off but hadn't destroyed the brain.)  Then there was the Walker in the woods that Daryl and Rick cut open to see if it had eaten Sophia because they could tell it had recently fed (meat in its teeth) but it turned out it had eaten a ground hog.  So it looks like animals can't contract the disease but Walkers will eat pretty much any flesh they can get ahold of, excepting other Walkers.

Edited by JAB

I seem to recall some Walkers eating a dead dog in one of the initial episodes.  Our first introduction to Daryl is when he showed up to finish off the Walker that was eating the deer he had shot with his crossbow (the others had cut the head off but hadn't destroyed the brain.)  Then there was the Walker in the woods that Daryl and Rick cut open to see if it had eaten Sophia because they could tell it had recently fed (meat in its teeth) but it turned out it had eaten a ground hog.  So it looks like animals can't contract the disease but Walkers will eat pretty much any flesh they can get ahold of, excepting other Walkers.

Right, there's plenty of evidence that those walkers love some meat. Wonder if they'd go after a mcdonalds burger... there's obviously no meat there :D

Did anyone else notice out of all the stuff they took from Morgan's they just had to grab the crossbow? Anyone else thinking Daryl is getting a new toy?

And I get the whole brain destruction kills the zombie thing but I was always under the impression (due mostly to resident evil and I don't mean the cruddy movies) that seperation of the 2nd and 3rd vertibrae was also efficient in disconnecting the flow of information from the central nervous system.
Last week was one of the best episodes ever. This week is one of the worst.
Rick lost a lot of points with me. Giving up a friend is reprehensible and the governor should be dead already.

I'm bored with this whole governor thing. Kill this guy and move on. Enough is enough.

Rick clearly knows the guy's a sociopath after what he did to Maggie. He told Herschel at the end that even if he gives up Michonne, the Gov. will still come kill them all. Rick knew all of that sitting at the table. He should have blown his brains out and already had a plan with Darryl and Hershel on what to do if that went down, or better yet, a way to warn them it was about to happen. He should have had a plan with the others to move very quickly on the town afterwards.

Of course, like they said on Talking Dead, if he shoots Phillip, the rest of the season is putting up curtains in the prison.

Last week was one of the best episodes ever. This week is one of the worst.
Rick lost a lot of points with me. Giving up a friend is reprehensible and the governor should be dead already.

I'm bored with this whole governor thing. Kill this guy and move on. Enough is enough.

Couldnt have said it better myself

Of course, like they said on Talking Dead, if he shoots Phillip, the rest of the season is putting up curtains in the prison.

Good point, but it's still fun to whine about it not happening. :)

+1 about this being the most boringest episode ever.

Slow moving set up episode. . .but it did move the plot along. Andrea finding out that the Governor (not through Merle) did something to Maggie should or will compel her to make a move to lead a mutiny on his Royal One Eyed-ness. . .and I have no qualms with Rick asking Herschel about whether he sees something Rick doesn't see about his decision to not turn Michonne over. . . Sure turning over a friend.  . even a new one is a douche thing to do. . .but I would turn over every friend I ever had to save my children. . .if I knew it would work.

There are two things however that I would have changed had I wrote that episode. . .Number one the crossbow is not always the number one go to choice for every mission. . I'm not saying don't throw it in the Kia but if the threat is the living with automatic weapons the crossbow is not the answer. . .come on!

Number two. . when the Governor was already there and he gave up his side arm I knew there was one under the table before they ever showed it in the shot.  .cant help but feel Rick did too. . so when they parted ways I would have liked to have seen Rick walk right around to it after the Governor got up and got it and said "Alright. . free Glock. .  cant believe someone would just leave one laying around like that.  . ." then stick it in his pocket and walk away.

Edited by turkeydad
  • Like 1

I'm growing more and more frustrated with the show. I wish they would focus more on survival and less on the drama.

How are they getting food, gas, toothpaste, etc? 

You can have your pick of any vehicle in the world and you pick a two wheel drive Hyundai? Seriously? 

• Like 1

I'm growing more and more frustrated with the show. I wish they would focus more on survival and less on the drama.

You can have your pick of any vehicle in the world and you pick a two wheel drive Hyundai? Seriously? 

When Hyundai sponsors the show, you drive a Hyundai.

I understand there's not gonna be tons of gas around, but why ain't there cars everywhere making a barrier around the place. The part of the prison that's compromised?? Start ramming cars off in the hole. Snatch the wheels off so they can't crawl under. Stack the tires up out of the sun for a barrier that doubles as tire inventory for the vehicles you're using.

There's a reason they don't make shows about people like us. It'd be a boring show that'd be over in short order. I told the wife I wanna see the Walking Dead, Princeton Louisiana edition. Staring the Miculek family. Approximate run time for the whole film......about fifteen minutes. Twenty minutes if you throw in a commercial break brought to you by Smith & Wesson.
  • Like 1

I feel ya on the drama-soaked pace of things.

Aside from the obvious fact that Kia/Hyundai is a big sponsor, gas for a big 4X4 is scarce and a big vehicle can't get in/out of small spots or around some blockages. Still, getting stuck last episode should have taught them something.

Maybe Hyundai is a sponsor?

...There's a reason they don't make shows about people like us. It'd be a boring show that'd be over in short order. I told the wife I wanna see the Walking Dead, Princeton Louisiana edition. Staring the Miculek family. Approximate run time for the whole film......about fifteen minutes. Twenty minutes if you throw in a commercial break brought to you by Smith & Wesson.

With all the ammo S&W gives him, ol' Jerry would have the zombie population thinned out pretty darn quick.
I still have alot of animosity towards the group from the end of the first season when they were all at the cdc and there were several humvees parked on the premises, and iirc some of them were gun trucks, with mounted .50's. everybody ran right by them and nobody stopped to say, "hey, a couple of these might be useful." There is no way had i been in that scenario i would have run by them without scouting them out first

Ma duece'd humvee > Hyundai santa fe Edited by reed1285

The kicker for me is water. Not once have they ever been looking for clean water. In the 1st season of "The Colony" they spent a lot of their time just collecting, transporting, and filtering water.

I could overlook these survival issues.....but only if we can get some good zombie stuff going on. Five slow moving walkers showed up this week, all lined up nice and easy. I'd like to know how Andrea's little 2" pocket knife drove through the eye socket and all the way to the brain stem. Bovine Scatology.

Plain and simple, the walkers are too easy to kill now and the characters have a real non-chalant way they approach them. The people never checked around the grain silos before going right through the middle to dispatch the walkers. What if a couple had come in from the sides that they didn't check for? Easy walker-food. The things aren't setting up flanking maneuvers on purpose, but they do tend to come from all directions and converge on the same spot.....you.

I still have alot of animosity towards the group from the end of the first season when they were all at the cdc and there were several humvees parked on the premises, and iirc some of them were gun trucks, with mounted .50's. everybody ran right by them and nobody stopped to say, "hey, a couple of these might be useful." There is no way had i been in that scenario i would have run by them without scouting them out first

Ma duece'd humvee > Hyundai santa fe

I'm thinking the Hyundai goes a little further on a gallon of gas.

I've thought the same thing many times over. There was also lots of guns and equipment laying everywhere.... Now I want to know why every road they travel has a pile of cars on them. There ain't that many roads in and out of the prison.

The kicker for me is water. Not once have they ever been looking for clean water. In the 1st season of "The Colony" they spent a lot of their time just collecting, transporting, and filtering water.

I guess we're to assume they don't think most of their audience is smart enough to wonder about such or this is another bizarro zombie world were the plumbing still works with nobody to operate the water purification plants?

Ma duece'd humvee > Hyundai santa fe

Well, on that one I have to say that if I had about twenty seconds before the CDC was going to explode, supposedly vaporizing the building and maybe taking a radius of a couple of city blocks with it, I'd run right past any number of things and head straight for the vehicle I already had the keys for. 

That was also early on in the show.  I'd almost be willing to be that third season Rick et. al. would at least grab a couple of rifles.

At least on NBC's "Revolutions" they showed getting water from a pond once. I don't expect them to do it every week on TWD, but you'd think they would have mentioned it at the prison at least once.

Yeah but on Revolution they have to have a lot of water to stay so sparkling clean.  Seriously, they walk around after an EOTWAWKI event constantly looking like they just stepped out of the shower.