Which CCW law bugs you?

Guest GLOCKGUY

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

That's my winner, thought state parks is a close second. But the alcohol one affects me far more often. Let's see... I'd like to go out for lunch. Should I:

Eat nasty fast food- but hey, no alcohol served!

Eat at Blue Coast, and lock my pistol in the glove box

Eat at Blue Coast, and mumble "concealed is concealed" to myself as I walk in

They're all distasteful in their own way, but only one of them is unlawful for a stupid reason.

Guest HunterH

THe biggest one for me is school campus. I am a PhD student and also teach on another campus so pretty much my whole life is on a college campus. After VT and SIU, I face a very difficult carry decision.

+1 for the damn resteraunt law also.

I'm with you on the restaurant law. I don't drink at all so it would not be a problem for me to go into a restaurant and leave the alcohol alone but I know that I am probably a minority. My observation of HCP holders is that we are law abiding citizens and if the law stated that you can't drink alcohol while carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol then that is exactly what they would do.

I would like to know the number of non HCP holders that are carrying into restaurants now.

Guest TN.Frank

All of them. In a truly free society a person should be able to carry anytime, anywhere without any restrictions. Your are either responsible enough to carry or you're not.

1. Restaurants that serve alcohol.

2. State parks. Would accept a "peaceable journey" provision.

3. National Parks, see above.

Guest jth_3s

The College campus Law is my least favorite. My friend got suspended for 1 semester because they found out he left his in his car.

Guest Ranger Rick
mine is where you can not carry in restaurants that serve alcohol :D

Restaurants is #1 for me too. Carrying on a campus is #2 State & National parks are #3.

All are based on the amount of times it causes me to not be able to defend myself & my family.

I'm hopeful, based on the new Georgia law, that we can get the restaurant thing turned around. (Volunteers don't like to be second-best to Bulldogs in anything... right? :D )

Guest db99wj

As it has been said, all of them but since we are ranking them.

1. Restaurant- I live in Memphis, not only the fact we are the one of the most dangerous cities, but just about every decent restaurant above a McDonalds serves alcohol. Going out to eat is one of my families "perks".

2. Park Carry - Why should I have to stop protecting myself because I go into a park, there are no invisable barries that keep thugs out of them, in fact, they are not as populated places where there are plenty of places to hide.

3. School - Got kids, go to events all the dang time.

4. the rest of them.

Guest HunterH
The College campus Law is my least favorite. My friend got suspended for 1 semester because they found out he left his in his car.

If you don't mind my asking, what school? How did they find out??? I am for concealed carrry on campus and this type of stuff pisses me off. Hope everything works out good for your buddy.

Guest bluecanary25

Disagree with current resturant carry law.

Any place that is supposed to be "Family friendly" should also be open to citzens with HCP.

Edited by bluecanary25
changed my mind on what I wuz gonna say
Guest nraforlife
All of them. In a truly free society a person should be able to carry anytime, anywhere without any restrictions. Your are either responsible enough to carry or you're not.

Exactly

1. Restaurant

2. Parks

3. That places that are open to the public are allowed to post at all.

4. As long as the above remains in effect that the signs carry the weight of law.

5. Schools

....and while not a carry issue, No deadly force for the protection or property is something I'd REALLY like to see changed.

Guest GLOCKGUY
1. Restaurant

2. Parks

4. As long as the above remains in effect that the signs carry the weight of law.

5. Schools

....and while not a carry issue, No deadly force for the protection or property is something I'd REALLY like to see changed.

yes i really hate 3 and 4 to :D matter of fact i hate all of them you listed

Guest GUTTERbOY
1. Restaurant

2. Parks

5. Schools

As I've probably stated before, I personally think that privately owned business ought to be able to prohibit carry if they want to. I do not, however, think that there should be any punishment above and beyond that for trespassing for ignoring said signs. It should be treated the same as any other unwelcome guest.

Guest jth_3s
If you don't mind my asking, what school? How did they find out??? I am for concealed carrry on campus and this type of stuff pisses me off. Hope everything works out good for your buddy.

It was MTSU. I dont know how they found out but this happened last year and they just suspended him for a semester. They realized it was obvious he didnt have any bad intentions or it would've probably been worse. I dont understand the problem with leaving it in your vehicle

As I've probably stated before, I personally think that privately owned business ought to be able to prohibit carry if they want to. I do not, however, think that there should be any punishment above and beyond that for trespassing for ignoring said signs. It should be treated the same as any other unwelcome guest.

If a place is not open to the public such as a private club, then I agree the owner should be able to restrict entry or place conditions upon entry.

But in general if a place is open to the public and is doing business IMO they should not be able to ban anyone for something that is legal whether it is being armed, hair color, number or piercings etc....

IMO (again) trespassing should be more for when someone has caused a disturbance that interfers with business being conducted upon the property. Not simply because you don't like the person being legally armed, the color of eye shadow or the length of their hair.

I understand not all and maybe not even most feel this way.

Guest ProguninTN

I agree, but disagree regarding enforceability I hate 1359 signs just as much as anyone else, but just because a property is "open to the public" does not make it public property. Private property can be open to the public with stipulations: (If you wish to enter, follow these rules. My property, my rules. Don't like my rules, then leave.) While working security, I once had to eject people daily for that type of thing. Trespassing charges didn't scare some people, but some it did. (The ones it did typically had long rap-sheets and could not afford any charge which my send them back into incarceration.)

I know that by posting signs, they are depriving us of our right to protect ourselves. For that reason, I believe that there should be increased civil liability for those who post. Also for the record, TN property owners have been held liable for actions of third parties on their property. See McClung v. Delta Square, LTD

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law_regs/caselaw/walmart.asp

Edited by ProguninTN