Promagindustries.com

I know some people do not like ProMag magazines.  But I love mine.  Specifically my 42 round AR-15 magazines.  They have functioned flawlessly in both of my DPMS rifles.  I use them for the little bit of competitive shooting I do.  I have not ever had a problem with them.  All of these mags that I own are black, but I am a flat dark earth fan, so when I saw some desert tan 42 round promag mags on Armslists for 80$, I thought "shucks, I did not know they made those in that color"  Of course, I think the word "Gouging" is an understatement.  So you can imagine my surprise when I happened onto the promag website and they showed them in-stock at less than 20$ apiece.  I ordered three this morning.  It looked like they had all kinds of AR-15 mags at reasonable prices.  I think the term is:Your Mileage May Vary, but I have had real good luck with these Promag Mags.  Now lets see how long they take to get here. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to rain on your parade but did you see this notice on their homepage?

[quote]

1/17/2013 update:

Due to overwhelming amount of orders. All high capacity magazines are on back-order. We are still taking orders, but will take 6+ weeks to process your orders even if you selected expedited shipping options. We apologize in advance for the delay and we are trying our best to ship all orders out as soon as possible.
[/quote]
Guest xnavysailor

Also needless to say, I feel like a dummy. Oh well, March will be here before you know it

Don't feel bad. I was on their site yesterday  looking for S&W M&P AR22 mags and they are taking orders. I was fortunate enough to order 10 AR15 Promags from Brownells while they were still accepting orders. Good luck1

• 4 months later...

Someone gave me a couple PMAG knock-offs made my ProMag. So far, they've worked just as well as my PMAGs.

I have 2 of the 42 rounders, work just fine for me. I did do some minor filing to change the contour of the valleys at the top rear of the mag. Sorry I know that's a bad description, but if you hold it beside a pmag you'll see what I mean

Seriously? I know magpuls are hard to get right now but we (at my job) have more lancer, Troy, and c-product mags than we know what to do with. I would have never imagined promags would be in demand especially since gun legislation has failed thus far.

I don't think they're "in demand" at the moment, maybe during the buying frenzy just like basically any magazine over 10 rounds (i.e. the date this thread was started).
  • 2 months later...
Guest ThePunisher
I picked up 3 Pmags 40 rounders tonight at Guns and Leather at $18.98 each. Anybody been buying these yet, and how do you like them performance wise?

I picked up 3 Pmags 40 rounders tonight at Guns and Leather at $18.98 each. Anybody been buying these yet, and how do you like them performance wise?

I got a few of them from Brownells. I haven't run them yet but they appear to be the same quality as my regular pmags. To me they are more of a novelty than a practical need. Until the zombies or the liberals arise that is.

I know some people do not like ProMag magazines.  But I love mine..... I think the term is:Your Mileage May Vary, but I have had real good luck with these Promag Mags.  Now lets see how long they take to get here.

As the only source I've found for 20 round 6.8 magazines for a Ruger Mini 14, I've been happy with my magazines from ProMag.