Reasonable gun control measure?

10-Ring

[quote name="DaveTN" post="896599" timestamp="1359216255"]Neither side is willing to negotiate. Bills will be presented and they will pass or fail. Obama will hand down whatever executive orders he wants and they will be tested in the courts. I don’t think you will lose the ability to own an AR or the 30 round mags you have. I suspect you will lose the ability to buy anymore 30 round mags and will lose private sales. That’s how I think the legislators will see “compromise”.[/quote] For now.

There is no reason to negotiate on things that have no reason to begin with. Any law being considered to restrict the rights of gun ownership

have been proven to outlive any usefulness the may have ever had. They never had. All these laws do is make another class of criminals and 

do nothing other than that. One doesn't compromise with tyranny or evil, whatever the difference there could possibly be. None.

Gun owners were compromised in 1934, 1968, 1986, and 1994.  All of the compromising came from us.  And none of it ever slowed down crime, stopped a single murder, or gave anyone more freedom.  Gun Control is a lie. 

Show me ONE PLACE where gun control actually reduced crime or violence!  JUST ONE PLACE!!

You can't because it's never happened.  And don't fall for the BS about only looking at 'gun violence' statistics.  Murder is murder, whether it's done with a .45 or a tire iron.  If murder with handguns goes down, but overall the murder rate goes UP, how is that a benefit?  And that is what happened in Britain and Australia as a result of their gun control.

No more compromise.  Any congresscritter who votes for ANY Federal gun control needs to be voted out in the next primary.  If they will vote to disarm you, then they will vote to take away anything else you have.

Screw compromise! You want compromise? Feinstein has proposed an assault weapon ban. I want to abolish the ATF and do away with the class 3 designation. I'll give up doing away with the class 3 license, and you drop the assault weapon ban. There's your compromise.

We'll still get rid of the ATF.

My only point on a new comprimise, is that you still have a high level of resemblence of the core freedoms we all want, less the comprimise.  If we dig our heels in, we just might retain all of rights, however, if we lose, the nation is ripe for major change, maybe NY style change, and unfortuantely I think the hard core gun nut like I am and others are on this forum, are in a national minority.  All we need is another Sandy Hook, and the tsumai wave of change will happen.   

There is no reasonable gun control. We don't need compromise, we need people to take more responsibility. The problem is that so many want the government to take care of all the aspects of their lives. So many want big brother to keep them safe, pay their bills, and give them a free lunch, they don't care about rights or freedom. There was a time the looneys were kept in check, but I fear society has fell to such a low that time is lost forever.
  • Like 1

I have to wonder if so many really want the government to take care of them or, is it possible they are so brain washed they truly believe they don't have the right to discipline their children, teach them right from wrong, educate them in the manner they see fit - not the governments idea of education/indoctrination. Because of the constant barrage of politically correctness shoved at them daily, people could possibly believe that this is the way things are supposed to be

When we live with the reality of 'if you bust your kids' butt because he/she is showing their ass in the supermarket you will have your child taken into state custody and you will go to jail on child abuse or endangerment charges' we no longer have to wonder why kids are out of control and their parents live in fear of what they will do next.