Anyone try a Taurus 24/7?

Guest m4coyote

Guest m4coyote

I have been looking at the Taurus 24/7 pro pistols, and am quite impressed with their quality and tight build. They are certainly an economical purchase at $359.00 or less.

I thought it would make a good utility pistol, and am considering purchasing one in 9mm or .40 S&W. Have an of you guys shot a 24/7 pro, or heard anything good or bad about it?

Edited by m4coyote
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A young guy in one of my HCP classes had one. I touched off a few rounds with it.............felt good in my hand and the trigger was a lot smoother than I was expecting.

BTW.......this guy bought his gun pre-owned from a gun shop in the Smokies (store name withheld). No box, no manual, 1 magazine................$ 400 + tax/tics.

He asked what I thought..........I said "they saw you coming" :shake:

Loved mine. Will probably own another someday when money becomes available again. It was a zero defect shooter.

I now carry a Kimber and love it too, but its hard to compare the 800 dollar gun to the Taurus for under 300 and have pretty much the same reliabilty.

Customer service? Never needed it either so it didn't bother me if they were poor.

Guest m4coyote

I purchased a 24/7 pro 9mm yesterday afternoon. I have not shot it yet, but the features, ergonomics, and smoothness are very impressive. The DA/SA trigger is very crisp. In SA mode, there is no creep, breaks like glass, and definitely beats my Glocks, H&K USP .40, FN FiveSeven, S&W M&P 9c, and Walther P99 AS. The manual thumb safety was a big plus for me as well.

When I got the 24/7 home, I field stripped it to clean and inspect the barrel & internals. Surprisingly, the feed ramp is already mirror polished, as are the trigger - striker contact surfaces. The barrel to slide tolerances are far tighter than my Glocks & H&K's. My Kahr PM9 is the only gun I own that comes close to the tight barrel - slide, and slide - frame fit of this 24/7. The slide does not contact or ride on any polymer frame rails, but instead, it rides on a removable & replaceable aluminum chassis that is housed within the polymer frame. There is much more slide to rail contact with the 24/7 than the Glock, H&K, or Kahr guns, and again, it is a very nice tight fit. The finish of the rifling in the barrel is far better than than my S&W M&P, but not quite the "mirror" finish of the H&K or Kahr.

I really hope that this 24/7 functions and shoots well. No other pistol I own combines the excellent ergonomics and feature set of this one. I had the salesman at Sportsman's Warehouse bring out their stock of 9mm. 24/7's from the back, so that I could select the one I wanted, and did find one that had a nicer trigger action than all the rest. I hope to shoot it sometime over the long weekend, and will report back how it performs. If it shoots well, this $359.00 pistol is a great bargain.

Guest m4coyote

53caddy,

Don't worry, I will gladly post a range report. I am anxious to see how this pistol performs, and if I am able to get to the range this Sunday, we will find out.

Taurus is a great gun until you have a problem and have to deal with their lack-of-customer-service. Try to get a part in less than 6 months.

I have heard many people say things about Taurus Support. I have a customer who needed repair on a 44 mag Taurus revolver. The barrel would not go back on and it looked like someone had run over it with a truck. Found out that they did!

We shipped it back to Taurus for him with a letter to call with repair costs. about 2 months later they sent him a brand new revolver. No questions asked. I have had 2 other similar incidents with Taurus. In 2 years I have not had any negative interactions with Taurus. Now I don't know if being a dealer made any difference or not, but so far they have been top notch for me. Doesn't mean they will be with everyone everytime.....

Guest m4coyote

I was able to take the Taurus 24/7 out for a spin today. It fed, fired, and ejected 100 rounds of Blazer Brass without incident. No malfunctions of any kind so far, and it was a nice shooter. It has very soft recoil, and is easy to keep on target while shooting pretty rapidly. More than once, I was able to tear one large hole with a magazine full of ammo at ten yards.

My groups from the 24/7 were centered to the left of my intended point of aim, but lately, this has been the case with every auto pistol that I own - Buckmark, PM9, G19, H&K .45 Expert, FiveSeven, and the M&P9c, etc. I do not know what has happened to my ability to correctly hit with an auto pistol, but I have had to move the sights way to the right on every one of them lately. Other shooters hit dead on with the sights as they come, but I do not. Revolvers do not give me this problem, not even the little S&W 340 PD loaded with full house .357 124 gr. Speer Gold Dot Ammo. Any suggestions to helping me with my problem would be greatly appreciated, because I have devoted this last entire year of shooting time to trying to get to the bottom of it.

Edited by m4coyote
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest trigem

First thought would be to make sure you are not limp risting or extending trigger finger to far into trigger, I catch my self doing it if I don't get enough range time, also might do a dominate eye test to see which eye is controlling sights

Just my thoughts :confused:

I had a great 24/7 pro in 40 cal. I shot over 800 rounds without a problem. The only problem I had was the gun shot low and to the left. I could compensate for it on the range after a while, but it took a magazine or two to get up to speed. I finally had to get rid of it, simply because I could not shoot it well.

As far as reliable, it was. Smooth shooting. I really liked it, and have thought of getting another. It may have been my eye?

Guest Angel 24/7

I have the 24/7 9mm. I like shooting it much better than Xd's Springfield.:D I have never had a problem but I am on about 300 rounds.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I have the 24/7 9mm. I like shooting it much better than Xd's Springfield.:D I have never had a problem but I am on about 300 rounds.

300 rounds thats like one trip to the range. you got to put over 1000 rounds through it to really know what you got :up: