Nashville Ranges or How to befriend a TGO member with land

Guest carrothospital

Guest carrothospital

Hi all,

I've spent the last hour(at least) looking over other range threads here on TGO trying to find other options in the Nashville area. I generally go to Stones River, but I'd like somewhere a little more relaxed. So far the only other decent one I've heard of is Charlies, although that only goes out to 100yd. If only I had friends that owned land around here to shoot on! ;)

So, are there any others within a reasonable driving time from Nashville? And does Charlies have benches or no?

I know this topic has been beat to death, but I figured I'd just put the nail on the coffin.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carrothospital

Thanks for the replies. I checked out Montgomery, but Google Maps puts it about 1.5hrs away from me which is pretty steep. Maybe I can just go there on the days I really need to shoot at distance.

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="carrothospital" post="893389" timestamp="1358913058"]Thanks for the replies. I checked out Montgomery, but Google Maps puts it about 1.5hrs away from me which is pretty steep. Maybe I can just go there on the days I really need to shoot at distance.[/quote] Then must live further than Nasville that you indicate you're from.
I just went to Gallatin Gun Club this weekend with a friend and it was awesome!! Very simple, but really useful and friendly. Up to 300 yd range, Bianchi plates, about a dozen concrete rifle stations, and 6-8 tables at the pistol side. Only problem is, membership is full so you just gotta find a member and hope they'll invite you out one day.

TW, thanks bro, you know who you are!
Guest carrothospital

Then must live further than Nasville that you indicate you're from.

Nope, I'm in Nashville, near Briley and 40. Google says the shortest way is all the way up to Clarksville. Maybe they are expecting me to drive 35 mph.

I heard about GGC too, but also read that they aren't taking memberships. You'd think in Tennessee you'd have more options!

I just went to Gallatin Gun Club this weekend with a friend and it was awesome!! Very simple, but really useful and friendly. Up to 300 yd range, Bianchi plates, about a dozen concrete rifle stations, and 6-8 tables at the pistol side. Only problem is, membership is full so you just gotta find a member and hope they'll invite you out one day.

TW, thanks bro, you know who you are!

I was on a waiting list for over a year before I got in. Good place.

Guest carrothospital

Before I make my suggestion, how far of a drive do you consider "too far?"

I really wouldn't want to drive more than an hr if possible, but would consider driving further if it was an awesome place. With gas and ammo prices how they are, longer trips are pretty costly!

Well, GGC sounds great, but somewhat out of my reach - like a unicorn farm. I have an NRA membership, but I don't know anyone in the club.

Guest Halfling

I go out to the OK Corral in Woodbury but it may be at the edge of your comfort zone for a distance for you. They charge $5.00 and the range is getting better almost every day (improvements). Nice folks.

Here's a link to a previous thread (with a few pics) on Woodbury  http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/40256-great-rifle-and-pistol-range-in-woodbury/

Ok Corral Shooting Range

3049 Pleasant Ridge Rd, Woodbury, TN 37190

Edited by Halfling

I really wouldn't want to drive more than an hr if possible, but would consider driving further if it was an awesome place. With gas and ammo prices how they are, longer trips are pretty costly!

Well, GGC sounds great, but somewhat out of my reach - like a unicorn farm. I have an NRA membership, but I don't know anyone in the club.

You might want to check out Davidson County Sportsman's Club.  They are located off Eatons Creek Pike.  Their range goes to 150-200 yards.  Nice little club.  Not sure if they have a waiting list or not.  You can find out some info here:  http://dcscinc.ning.com

I go out to the OK Corral in Woodbury but it may be at the edge of your comfort zone for a distance for you. They charge $5.00 and the range is getting better almost every day (improvements). Nice folks.

Here's a link to a previous thread (with a few pics) on Woodbury  http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/40256-great-rifle-and-pistol-range-in-woodbury/

Ok Corral Shooting Range

3049 Pleasant Ridge Rd, Woodbury, TN 37190

You beat me to it--- THAT was going to be my suggestion!

OK Corral has quickly become my favorite outdoor range!

Edited by tartanphantom