Dillon Square Deal

Does anyone use one? I have one with a 380 setup. I'm wanting to expand to 9mm, 32 and 44 mag. I've heard the 44 mag cartridge is at the outer limits of the machine. Does anyone use the square deal for 44 mag? I do fine with the 380. I would be interested in used setups for the calibers I mentioned however.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lester Weevils

I've only done 9mm, 357 mag, and .380 auto in my SDB. I like it fine, and got complete "quick change kits" with toolheads and powder measures for each of the three calibers, which really does make it quick to change with little adjustment necessary from time-to-time, if I'm using the same bullet and powder weight from one setup to the next.

Maybe .44 mag would require more force and work on the SDB, dunno, but the .357 ain't bad at all.

I don't think Dillon had come out with the 1050 when I got the SDB a long time ago, but if I get another progressive would be tempted to go "whole hog" for either a 1050 or Hornady progressive with all the bells'n'whistles. On the other hand the SDB has always done what it was sposed to, for the three calibers I reload.,

The little SDB is actually faster than the 550B.  I leave mine set up for my normal 9mm load as that's what I shoot the most.  I use my 550B for all other calibers.  I'm thinking about getting another SDB to use for .38Spl when I get my new workshop finished and have the space.

I load 44 mag on my sdb. It does take a little more force to size the big cases but no problems as of yet. DIllon has excellent customer service so if something ever breaks they will stand behind there products. Changing tool heads is a bit of a pain but I buy a new tool head with each conversion. Love my little sdb.