Wow, Even 10/22 10 Round Mags?

Oh Shoot

Not that I needed any, but what is the deal here?

Just noticed 10 round 10/22 mags not to be had anywhere retail, and going for like 40 clams on eBay?

I mean, this is not even close to being on any banned list? People are crazier than I imagined.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

OS

You talking about the BX-25's or the smaller ones?

EDIT:  Noticed you said round (thought you forgot to mention round count before)

BX-25's are even harder to come by :(

Edited by xRUSTYx

OS

You talking about the BX-25's or the smaller ones?

EDIT:  Notices you said round (thought you forgot to mention round count before)

BX-25's are even harder to come by :(

I know about the 25 rounders, been that way for a while, and I understand that, but I'm talking about the standard 10 round rotary mags. Blow your mind to check out completed auctions on eBay for them. Got me curious, and sure enough, don't see any at retailers unless they're sky high too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The only thing I can figure is people are stocking up on accessories for all semi-autos in case that type of firearm is banned. I hope we recover from this twilight zone soon.

I guess that's the only explanation. Guess it makes sense, since you can't hardly find the 10/22 itself either, so all those new owners also need mags of whatever capacity they can get.

- OS

I've given up looking for mags in general.

I'll take a peek at new gear classified's here, but nothing really seems to tickle my fancy at these prices :)

Prices will eventually fall back to earth, I'm just afraid it will be MONTHS and not weeks from now :(

Big ones (25 or 30's) were $40 at the show yesterday.

Ruger factory BX-25? If  so, you could make some real money on GunBroker reselling from that price.

10 rounders are often going for around that.

Since you say "25 or 30's" I suspect those were mostly Butler Creek and Eagle and whatever?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I don't see this getting better in months,  a couple of years maybe.  And every shooting from now on will bring more threats of gun bans.  This cycle just got started.

It's just not threats of a ban they will bring.  Everyone really needs to pay close attention to what New York just passed.  Every State can enact whatever gun laws they like, they do not need to wait for Washington.

• Like 1

It's just not threats of a ban they will bring.  Everyone really needs to pay close attention to what New York just passed.  Every State can enact whatever gun laws they like, they do not need to wait for Washington.

Yep, and as long as they are allowed to own some kind of firearm that holds more than one round, I'm pretty sure current SCOTUS will approve. And of course, the future SCOTUS might not even allow that second round.

- OS

ruger 10 22 mags at midway $12.99 black/$15.99 clear. all sold out.   wish i got a truck load of them before this crap started.

Yep, that was the normal price. You could get 4 packs from Cabela's for even a bit less before the reelection, and probably even up until Sandy Hook.

I have maybe 8 BX-25's, too, $21.99 was most I ever paid.

Butler Creek steel lip 25 rounders were down to $15 after Ruger put out the BX-25, saw the plastic lipped versions for ten clams flat.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Cant believe i am actually saying this but

I made room in my safe for all my mags after i priced out the replacement costs

I can remember the old army/Navy Surplus store having  5 Gal. buckets full of 30 rnd. AR mags and couldn't give them away

Oh for a weeks pay and a time machine ...

John