Coin Machine In Bank/Credit Union - Middle TN Area?

xRUSTYx

Hey Guys ...

Been collecting change for quite a few years and would like to finally dump it.

Haven't found a bank up here yet that has a coin machine for its account holders with no fee's (we had quite a few of these banks in Cali when I lived there).  Was hoping someone in Middle TN (Preferably Nashville or higher up 65) that banks with a branch that does.  Don't mind becoming an account holder to utilize the machine.

Thanks!

Good luck. There was no issue finding such banks in Chicago, but I haven't found any around here. I'm sure you already know about the fee-based machines in some grocery and retail stores.

Unfortunately yes .... I don't mind them if its $50-$100, but I got (2) big 5 gallon plastic jugs full, and I enjoy getting rolls of quarters, dimes, nickels once in a while trying to find the ever evasive 90% silver :)

TDR, if you happen upon one, please share the love! :)

Not sure if you have them on that side of the state but TVA Credit Unions have free machines for account holders.  Dump it in, get your receipt, trade it to teller for cash.

Just looked ... We don't VERO!  Thanks though!  That is EXACTLY what I am after!

Eastman Credit Unions offer this for their member for free. Knoxville would be the closest location for you......

Always too far away! LOL ... Atleast we're getting somewhere!  Thanks Parrot!

I just roll 'em as I go with a cheapo plastic sorter and the tubes I picked up years ago for next to nothing, turn 'em into bank once a year or so.

I guess would seem like quite a job to do a whole bunch at a time like you have.

I know you're trying to save a cut, but once years ago when I had beau coup at once, let a couple of poor neighbor kids do it for 5% or something. I guess with inflation and in a nice neighborhood, might be hard to find takers?

Also, my local Kroger has one, but I guess it takes the cut, never really paid any attention?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

There's a start!  Now I need to find an "in" :)

Thanks for lead!

I'm to far from you but if you get down to Boro maybe we can help out . Think you can open a account for 5.00 use to have to work some place that sponsered them, not I'm not sure thats so.

Edited by klamb5

You should be able to take to your bank and deposit it into a savings account. I had to do that at First Tennessee. Teller at first did not want to take my change and give me cash. Finally when I pushed her on the issue that it was money and they should have to take it she rolled her eyes and said I could deposit it into my savings account but first they would have to bag it up and send it off to a bigger branch where it would be counted and then deposited which could take 5-7 days, in hopes I would go away. I had 300-400 of change and could not stand the fact of giving 30-40 to coinstar so I went ahead and did the deposit where it showed up in my account in about a week.

I recently rolled several hundred dollars of coins and 1st Tennessee accepted them with my account number.

I use 1st TN also, but surely all banks have to take rolled coins?

When I used to have a biz account, had to write account number on each roll, but with personal account I don't. No idea why the diff.

- OS

I recently rolled several hundred dollars of coins and 1st Tennessee accepted them with my account number.

I had them rolled. They made me unroll them and put them in a special clear sealed ziploc style bag with a deposit ticket with my account number.

Actually if your credit union is a part of the credit union network you can use any other participating CU. I am a member at a CU in MI and I can use just about any CU just like it was my home branch. I make deposits at a CU here into my CU back in MI. The CU I use here has the machine and I have actually scored silver someone left on the magnet. I also find Canadian coins stuck to the magnet all the time.

+1 for Coinstar and the giftcard option. They take 0%. Nothing. Nada. It's all yours. You'll find one at most Kroger stores.

There are quite a few choices on the giftcards, so you're likely to find something you'd want.

Since I'm going to shop at Amazon or Lowe's anyway, I just get one of those and call it a day.

Edited by monkeylizard

Update!

Fifth Third Bank - Madison, TN has one!!!!!  Talked to them, and they told me these banks in Middle Tennessee have them.

Fifth Third Bank - Madison, TN

Fifth Third Bank - Cool Springs, TN

Fifth Third Bank - Fairview, TN (which was confirmed by a member here!)

Thanks All!  I'm a happy camper now!