The rare and elusive CWP badge! Caught on film!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdog

For those that think a CC badge is a good idea, maybe carrying a loaded firearm is not for you. :shrug: Hey just my 50 cents worth, oh that's 2 cents with added inflation. :)

OK... based on the grief you're dishin out... I'm probably gonna wished I hadn't asked, but...

Assuming you were going to Open Carry in Walmart...

I know the reasons to not OC. I fully agree with them. I do not OC. But, for the sake of the conversation...

why is the "carry badge" a bad idea when you OC? I've read several stories of people OC in Walmart only to have a customer panic at the sight of a gun, report it to the manager. LEO(s) get called in, and the OC guy gets the take-down-the-bad-guy treatment. Eventually, LEO find out he's got a HCP and gets to walk away. If the badge is there (below/beside) your gun, the sheep assume your authorized to have the gun (which actually you are) and continue on their way.

Only down side to this is that people would assume you're a LEO. Expect you to do things a LEO can do (and you can not). But, would that out weight keeping the sheep from panicing in the above example?

What am I missing?

Rick,

The reasons alot of people dislike the "badge" are as follows:

1. It is not something you earned in any way. You're not a cop, security guard, anything. You buy a 30 dollar badge and pin it in to look important.

2. It's dangerously close to impersonating an officer. Alot of people with the badges specifically state "I want people to think I'm a cop so I can OC."

3. It's pointless. If the state wanted you to have a badge they'd issue you one with your permit.

The way I look at it is, if you want to OC then OC, but don't pin your cracker jack box badge on your hip and walk around with a sense of entitlement. My take on it is if they want to carry a badge so bad go earn it.

Guest db99wj
I wear my DEA ballcap with my Blackhawk thigh rig and BDU pants when I go to Kroger. :D

He does.

Oh, my NYPD Shirt is better than all of that.

And in case you missed it on page 1,

Punisher, is that a self portrait?:P:P

:D

Guest ColdEspresso

Our security director wears one of those badges on his belt next to his firearm while at work. He open carries and is not trying to be anything that he is not. While he is not a sworn PO he is paid to provide security to the premisis that he (and his team) were hired to protect. I still think that it looks goofy and when I discussed this with him he said that it was a corporate directive and it was a choice of that or a uniform. He went for a suit with the badge.

Guest db99wj

Not to long ago eating with the family at McAllisters at the Paradiso Movies, there was a guy, he drove up in a dark blue, tinted window, no hubcap having Impala, complete with chrome spotlight on the front windshield. Guy gets out, black shirt, black shorts, Glock in the OC position, black leather holster with thumb break, and just to the left (his) a shiny HCP badge. He got his food, ate by himself and got in his car and left. Wish I would have gotten a picture of that one.

I have an Female Body Inspector cap

Good catch! It's a rare thing to see these creatures out in the wild, in their natural habitat. This might even be worth submitting to National Geographic.

I have spotted whats his face at Carters carrying with a badge when he OC's! I have not seen it though when he carries IWB

Guest nraforlife
Rick,

The way I look at it is, if you want to OC then OC, but don't pin your cracker jack box badge on your hip and walk around with a sense of entitlement. My take on it is if they want to carry a badge so bad go earn it.

My feelings EXACTLY !!!! Take your ego and your $30 badge and go the frick away.

Guest dotsun
So I guess the TGO carry badge group buy isn't going to happen?

Damn, I just bought a case of brasso to keep it nice and shiny. :P