The rare and elusive CWP badge! Caught on film!

This guy was next to me in line at wal-mart with about 5 family members. All dressed third rate redneck, but buying a pool and a HUGE flat panel HDTV. This clown turns around and low and behold...a Hi-Point 9mm in an Uncle Mike's special with his CWP badge hanging from his pocket.

I have to be honest. I laughed out loud. :)

48685E9F000E386F000054CF2216566276C.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

Good catch! It's a rare thing to see these creatures out in the wild, in their natural habitat. This might even be worth submitting to National Geographic.

Awesome, did you make contact with this creature? It was brave of you to attempt a photo. Did you ask him about the HP?

It was an interesting specimen no doubt. The need to share this rare species with the world far outweighed the risks, my good friend. I did not make contact with more than the eyes.

I would have liked to studied him further, but you each may be able to spot them. The are often preceded by the smell of Funyuns.

Guest GUTTERbOY
the "badge".....;)

BUT...

at least he had good taste in his choice of defensive weaponry....:D

I didn't see any mention of an XD.

:)

Guest unreconstructed1
I didn't see any mention of an XD.

;)

good defensive handgun= a handgun that will go fire everytime you pull the trigger and put the lead where you point it...

my Hi point does that very well, and the 380 dollars saved went into ammo and mags...

Guest sermon8r

good defensive handgun= a handgun that will go fire everytime you pull the trigger and put the lead where you point it...

my Hi point does that very well, and the 380 dollars saved went into ammo and mags... and Badge??????

sorry but I couldnt resist

at least he had good taste in his choice of defensive weaponry....:shrug:

Well, you wouldn't want an expensive gun right out there in front of God and everybody. You'd hate to lose an expensive handgun when someone takes it from you.

Guest Ranger Rick
This guy was next to me in line at wal-mart with about 5 family members. All dressed third rate redneck, but buying a pool and a HUGE flat panel HDTV. This clown turns around and low and behold...a Hi-Point 9mm in an Uncle Mike's special with his CWP badge hanging from his pocket. I have to be honest. I laughed out loud. :shrug:

OK... based on the grief you're dishin out... I'm probably gonna wished I hadn't asked, but...

Assuming you were going to Open Carry in Walmart...

I know the reasons to not OC. I fully agree with them. I do not OC. But, for the sake of the conversation...

why is the "carry badge" a bad idea when you OC? I've read several stories of people OC in Walmart only to have a customer panic at the sight of a gun, report it to the manager. LEO(s) get called in, and the OC guy gets the take-down-the-bad-guy treatment. Eventually, LEO find out he's got a HCP and gets to walk away. If the badge is there (below/beside) your gun, the sheep assume your authorized to have the gun (which actually you are) and continue on their way.

Only down side to this is that people would assume you're a LEO. Expect you to do things a LEO can do (and you can not). But, would that out weight keeping the sheep from panicing in the above example?

What am I missing?

Guest sling

I was under the impression that walmart didnt mind if you conceal carried but they had hissy fits if you OC'ed. Something about store policy and what not. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Its one of those things i heard through the grape vine.

Guest db99wj
I was under the impression that walmart didnt mind if you conceal carried but they had hissy fits if you OC'ed. Something about store policy and what not. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. Its one of those things i heard through the grape vine.

This is from another post:

The following is our policy: if a Wal-mart customer has been aearded a concealed handgun license by the state government, Wal-Mart will follow the direction of the state. However, if at anytime while on Wal-Mart property, that customer's concealed weapon becomes visible to Wal-Mart associates or customers, Wal-Mart reserves the right to ask the customer to either reposition the weapon so that it will not be visible, to remove the weapon completely or to leave Wal-Mart property
  • Administrator

If you want to wear a badge and carry a gun, many police departments are hiring right now. Otherwise, leave the badge at home and just use it as a conversation piece or prop for a practical joke.

The next time I'm shooting with folks from TGO, I'm going to try to pin one onto someone's range bag without them noticing. :shrug:

I've OCed alot in W-M, etc... and have yet to be given any trouble, or been aware of anyone even avoiding me. No police called, nothing. The most important thing to remember, I think, is that people respond to you (OCing or not), more based on how you present yourself than what you have... if you have a clean-cut/professional appearance, with a smile (not a huge grin), and don't act like you're skulking around, most people will view you as a positive presence.

If anything, I think people tend to be nicer to me... and I find myself going out of my way to be more pleasant as well.

Methinks that the majority of OC 'horror stories' tend to be when somebody who those around them see as unfit to have a gun is targetted to be hassled by way of making a negative example... simply a matter of biased perception.

But, the badges are dumb, no matter what.

Guest sling

Thanks for clarifying db99. I'm not exactly one for OC either...

Badges are stupid... it reminds me of the Goodman show everytime i see them. Theres this one sap there that has a table full of em. Very rough lookin gent with a cowboy vest on and cowboy boots.

• Administrator
I think, is that people respond to you (OCing or not), more based on how you present yourself than what you have... if you have a clean-cut/professional appearance, with a smile (not a huge grin), and don't act like you're skulking around, most people will view you as a positive presence.

And a few folks have mentioned to me in conversations lately that you have a very "cop-like" appearance in both dress and demeanor. So people probably take you for as being someone who should be carrying a gun* and never really think twice about it.

You should shop for a Crown Vic just to really screw with people. :)

* Because, you know... regular people shouldn't. :shrug: