CZ 527 mag $ at Outpost Amory (new special pricing)

Djay3

A few weeks ago I purchased a nice CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 from Outpost Armory. Went back yesterday to get another 5 round magazine! They still had it! That is the good news! The bad news is they had increased the price on the mag from the msrp of $40 they had been charging up to $51!

They also kindly offered to sell me a $649.00 Leupy scope for $700.00 with no box and scraped finish.

I guess the sudden virus of gun fever is running rampant there. The parking lot was jam packed.

A few weeks ago I purchased a nice CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 from Outpost Armory. Went back yesterday to get another 5 round magazine! They still had it! That is the good news! The bad news is they had increased the price on the mag from the msrp of $40 they had been charging up to $51!

They also kindly offered to sell me a $649.00 Leupy scope for $700.00 with no box and scraped finish.

I guess the sudden virus of gun fever is running rampant there. The parking lot was jam packed.

Well tell me, did they have a good supply of ammo at least?

I was in their the day before the CT shooting and they had so much ammo I couldn't believe it

Since the Shooting, I am wondering how their ammo supply is.

Well tell me, did they have a good supply of ammo at least?

I was in their the day before the CT shooting and they had so much ammo I couldn't believe it
Since the Shooting, I am wondering how their ammo supply is.

They appeared to have a supply of certain calibers but there were definitely "holes on the shelves". Even had some 20 & 50 round boxes of 7.62x39. No idea regarding .223/5.56. No 45 Long Colt which I was looking for.

Did you ask they why and bring your findings to their attention?

I would be interested in their excuse especially if you reminded them of your previous purchase.

Did you ask they why and bring your findings to their attention?

I would be interested in their excuse especially if you reminded them of your previous purchase.

I had a very helpful sales rep that spent much effort trying to both find the box for a price and then going online to find price information. After all that effort he went to the back room and was given the "price" for the scope. I then commented on both price issues to the sales rep saying I'm very sensitive to unreasonable pricing especially nowadays and have a long memory. He just shrugged and smiled. I didn't take further time to address it with "mgmt". I'd rather just vote by withholding my wallet, walk out, and update TGO. Most of my shopping these recent days has been via the internet. But, of course, reasonable local shops deserve our support when possible. Edited by Djay3
  • Administrator

Fair enough. The mgmt. dropped the ball, they could have done better.

How did Management drop the ball here?  He clearly stated he didn't even talk to the management about it.

Look, this is one of our top tier Vendors here.  I am not going to stop people from voicing legitimate complaints but I will at least insist that folks take this things up with the managers or owners at our Vendors stores and give them a chance to address the complaint before coming onto TGO to facelessly bash them from the safety and anonymity of the Internet.

Closing this thread.  What's been said has been said.  I'm not deleting it, but this isn't going to turn into a dog pile either.  Address your concerns with the Vendor directly.