Walther announces PPQ M2 version with button mag release

TGO David

• Administrator

This may have just swayed me into adding a PPQ to my collection.  The previous "paddle" style mag release seemed extremely funky to me.  I don't like it on my HK P2000 and knew I wouldn't care for it on the PPQ.  However the PPQ constantly gets rave reviews by people who know guns such as Larry Vickers and Grant at G&R Tactical, as having one of the best triggers for a polymer striker fired handgun out of the box.

Now that the M2 version has been released having a standard mag release button similar to damn near every other handgun in the world, I am going to be looking for one of these babies as soon as I can.

http://www.waltherarms.com/products/handguns/ppq-m2/

2796066-l.png?9d7bd4

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the version with the "funky" mag release. Doesn't bother me all that much. Had an old P99 yrs ago with same

release.

As for the PPQ, either version, very satisfied with it. Best trigger out of the box you'll find. All around well built gun.

Most will prefer the grip buitton release, as it's what most folks are accustomed to.

Also, added Trijicon nite sights to mine. Green front, yellow rear.

I've heard nothing but good things about the PPQ. I wish the magazines were cheaper though.

Magnum Research has a decent price ( $30 or so ), Baby Desert Eagle mags, "if" you can find

some in stock. Hard to do at present. I bought from there, look & perform like OEM.

The one I played with had the best trigger of any polymer gun that I've shot. My only gripes at the time was the paddle mag release and the monster slide release. So, the former gripe is fixed and I can "fix" the latter. Like you, I'll most likely be buying one eventually.
  • Administrator

The one I played with had the best trigger of any polymer gun that I've shot. My only gripes at the time was the paddle mag release and the monster slide release. So, the former gripe is fixed and I can "fix" the latter. Like you, I'll most likely be buying one eventually.

I've seen several posts where folks have taken the enormous slide release off and then shortened it down a bit, dressed it off nicely with a file and stone, re-blued it and called it a day.  I think that and some replacement sights would be my immediate changes.

Cool...another ppq that will be extremely hard to find. Funny story: I was holding a PPQ in 9mm with the intention of buying it. I reminded myself that the mags for Glocks were cheaper and more available, so I bought a G26. So much for cheap and available, huh?
Guest CheezWiz

I prefer the paddle release.

My wife and I are opposing hand dominant, so the PPQ paddle release offers us a platform that either of us can pickup and use each others weapon without thinking about it. Cannot say that with a button release. We deal with that now with our Sigs and it stinks.. Easy enough to make an AR fully ambi, but not a handgun.

I, like Cheez, prefer the paddle.

One of the reasons why, if Walther came out with a PPQ compact with paddle release, I'd sell my XDm's.  The only reason I have my XDm's is because of the compact version.

I never thought I'd like the paddle, but I honestly feel its easier to use than your standard button mag release.  Thumbing down and the mag is released!  I absolutely love it.

I probably end up with one of the M2 versions, but I'm happy with my standard PPQ and my FE PPQ :)  That would make it 3!

If anyone in Mid TN wants to shoot my paddle release PPQ, you're more than welcome to! :)