IWB Holster 1911

austin:  Search the andrews leather posting here in the last couple of days for a great leather iwb holster.  Also; on S&WForty's recommendation ive ordered a couple of these:  Holsters Archives - Old Faithful Holsters | Old Faithful HolstersHolsters Archives - Old Faithful Holsters | Old Faithful Holsters.   They are a hybrid kydex/leather that i think is a better holster than the Crossbreed; which is very well respected here and other places.

The Old Faithfuls are available as a "kit".  I like that they are put together with chicago screws instead of rivets.  I also like the "retention adjustment" with the rubber spacers.  The leather is great.  I ordered a couple of digital kydex and tan cowhide (...one for a sig 238; the other for a baby glock...).

I've just been too lazy to put 'em together.  Looks to me like all of about a 15 minute job.  The materials are excellent and the kydex is formed exactly as it should be.  Ya cant beat the price.

Hope this helps.

leroy

I use an Old Faithful with my Springfield XD40sc, great holster. The stage 3 kit takes 5 min. to put together. You can usually find a coupon code for them too.

I like full leather for 1911's. I've got IWBs from Occidental Leather and Winthrop Holsters with a Milt Sparks VM 2 on order.

Edited by jimmydeuce
Guest Plainsman

Sparks VM-2 is absolutely worth the wait and every single penny.
The comp tac MTAC is a great holster as well and less bulky than the crossbreed.
You get what you pay for.

Edited by Plainsman
  • 5 months later...

.... on S&WForty's recommendation ive ordered a couple of these:  Holsters Archives - Old Faithful Holsters | Old Faithful HolstersHolsters Archives - Old Faithful Holsters | Old Faithful Holsters.   They are a hybrid kydex/leather that i think is a better holster than the Crossbreed; which is very well respected here and other places.

The Old Faithfuls are available as a "kit".  I like that they are put together with chicago screws instead of rivets.  I also like the "retention adjustment" with the rubber spacers.  The leather is great.  I ordered a couple of digital kydex and tan cowhide (...one for a sig 238; the other for a baby glock...).

I've just been too lazy to put 'em together.  Looks to me like all of about a 15 minute job.  The materials are excellent and the kydex is formed exactly as it should be.  Ya cant beat the price....

I know this looks dumb (...quoting yourself, HEHEHE...) but i wanted to take the time to thank SWForty for his recommendation of the "Old Faithful Holsters".  I finally put one together yesterday and am wearin it for the first time this mornin.  It took all of about 15 minutes to do, and my little 238 is restin inside it now as im typin this thank-you.  It looks to me like us "full figured" boys can wear this little holster at about the 4 oclock position pretty comfortably.  The thing i like about this one is that it's put together with screws, not rivets, so it can be "fixed" as necessary.  

The reason for the laziness wuz that i always carried the 238 in a front pocket holster in my dungarees. They have deep pockets.  These dammnable work shorts im wearin (...finally had to dig 'em out yesterday...) have short pockets.  That must be the reason they are "factory seconds".  

Anyway, thanks again to SWForty for the tip on the "Old Faithful" holster for my little buddy and constant companion.  They are well worth the price.

Thanks again,

leroy

Thanks Ted.  I'm a big D. M. Bullard fan myself.  Got several OWB holsters myself.  They are "bodyguards" (...i think...).  My pocket holster is a D. M. Bullard roughout. 

leroy

I like them because you can tuck your shirt in on iwb ,and flip the clips around and it's also a out of wast band holster to.