Gun Policy Summit Recommendations

• Persons who committed a violent crime as a juvenile would be prohibited from firearm purchase until age 30.
  • Persons convicted of 2 or more crimes involving drugs or alcohol within a three-year period would be prohibited from firearm purchase for a period of 10 years.
  • Persons convicted of a single drug-trafficking offense would be prohibited from gun purchase.
  • Persons determined by a judge to be a gang member would be prohibited from gun purchase.

Wow.  That'll fix Chicago for sure!

• Like 2
Guest cardcutter

Did you notice they don't name the "Experts" they site?

They also fail to show how any of these recommendations would actually reduce gun violence.

They also recommend some things that are already law. That shows just how expert they are.

For example "Persons convicted of a single drug-trafficking offense would be prohibited from gun purchase."

Well a felony drug conviction already means the loss of rights. You would think an expert would know this.

This is just more BS so they can get grant money.

These scare me the most

Trafficking and Dealer Licensing
  • A permanent director for the ATF should be appointed and confirmed.
  • ATF should be required to provide adequate resources to inspect and otherwise engage in oversight of federally licensed gun dealers.
  • Restrictions imposed under the Firearm Owners Protections Act limiting ATF to one routine inspection of gun dealers per year should be repealed.
  • Provisions of the Firearm Owners Protection Act raising the evidentiary standard for prosecuting dealers who make unlawful sales should be repealed.
  • ATF should be granted authority to develop a range of sanctions for gun dealers who violate gun sales or other laws.
  • The Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act, providing gun dealers and manufacturers protection from tort liability, should be repealed.
  • Federal restrictions on access to firearms trace data, other than for ongoing criminal investigations, should be repealed.
  • Federal law mandating reporting of multiple sales of handguns should be expanded to include long guns.
  • Adequate penalties are needed for violations of the above provisions.
  • Like 1

• Persons who committed a violent crime as a juvenile would be prohibited from firearm purchase until age 30.
  • Persons convicted of 2 or more crimes involving drugs or alcohol within a three-year period would be prohibited from firearm purchase for a period of 10 years.
  • Persons convicted of a single drug-trafficking offense would be prohibited from gun purchase.
  • Persons determined by a judge to be a gang member would be prohibited from gun purchase.

I am just fine with every one of those recommendations.  So let's give them those four items and call it even. 

• Like 1

Yea, those suck. 98% of them anyway. My money is on EO for just about all those on the list, then they will try to ram an AWB/Mag bill through.

There's an upside. The next president can't wipe those EO's out with the stroke of a pen. The uglier King Commie makes them, the more likely we will have that president.

Oh Yeah... Gary Johnson my ass.

I am just fine with every one of those recommendations.  So let's give them those four items and call it even. 

All but the last one, that one could be abused all day long.  

Yeah, that last one is a judgement call. Some judges might see an NRA member as a "gang member". Also, don't tell your doctor you have guns or give him a reason to believe you have a mental issue.

How background checks will change is the biggie today I think. Whether or not he will EO universal background checks is probably the most intrusive thing he will do by EO, IMHO. I personally think he will push (try to push) AWB/mag ban through the legislature.

Edited by Batman

Shouldn't they lose their ability to vote as well?

There's an upside. The next president can't wipe those EO's out with the stroke of a pen. The uglier King Commie makes them, the more likely we will have that president.

Oh Yeah... Gary Johnson my ass.

The next president will most likely be 0bama...unless something changes and Congress and the states grow a spine and starts standing up to this dictator.

The next president will most likely be 0bama...unless something changes and Congress and the states grow a spine and starts standing up to this dictator.

This whole mess could be a wakeup call. It was last time. Obama won't get a third term. He only has overwhelming support in his own little mind

This whole mess could be a wakeup call. It was last time. Obama won't get a third term. He only has overwhelming support in his own little mind

I hope you're right.  I thought that would be the case back in November.  I'm not particularly saying that he will get a third term.  Just that his second term may never end.

I hope you're right.  I thought that would be the case back in November.  I'm not particularly saying that he will get a third term.  Just that his second term may never end.

My hope with what happened back in Nov is Hussein stretched the sheep's wool over their eyes again. He and Romney didn't appear vastly different to those not paying close attention. Most of us saw the difference, but the sheep? not so much. Now, what Romney would have done is irrelevant. Hussein has showed his true colors, and they ain't Red, White and Blue. He is a full-on anti-2A gun grabber now. No doubt about it. He can't claim to be a 2A supporter anymore. I hope the sheep are being sheered right now so they can see a little better. When the states truly turn on this administration, his days are numbered. I just hope we can minimize the damage. 2014 will be uber critical.

However, I do agree that if he is successful in changing the 2A, there is nothing stopping him from changing the 22A.

Edited by Batman

I don't think your local gang members are going to Out Post and buying themselves a new Kimber Desert Warrior... come on now... they dont go thru FFL's to get guns...they already know they will not pass a BGC... gun trafficking though on the other hand the government already should know about  :tough: