Don't like McCain?

Guest DrBoomBoom

Guest Scottech

McCain is not the ideal choice for any law abiding, veteran, conservative gun owner, but what choice do I have?

Rabbi hit the head on the nail, I have no other choice!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY
That's the bottom line.

BTW, I don't think most folks in this country care much about liberty or anything else as long as they get their "entitlements." When the Republicans figured that out, they became Democrats, at least in action.

Yup. Today's voters only care about how the next person in office will directly affect them. It's me, me, me. Doesn't matter if anything's good for the country as a whole, or if it's good from the standpoint of liberty.

It's amazing how much of politics is telling the people what they want to hear. Obama will get you free health care. McCain will save you $.20 per gallon on gas or a few months. Obama will give the middle-class a tax cut and cornhole those folks with the nerve to be successful in life.

It pisses me off that I have to stomach this crap and pick between these two clowns. I could instead vote for someone like Ron Paul who's actually intellectually honest and cares about the Constitution, but I know damn well that no third-party candidate has a snowball's chance in hell of getting into office. So there I am, stuck between "making a statement" by voting for the man I really think deserves the office, or picking the pandering buttcheek who'll do less damage over his 4/8 years. And I'm far too logical to convince myself not to vote within the Big Two.

I can only hope that one day we'll get some folks on big tickets who are willing to say what they mean, and that my fellow countrymen will be able to step back and consider what's good for everyone instead of just themselves. But I'm far too cynical to really believe that.

Guest GLOCKGUY
gutterboy is right. still, those two parties are becoming more and more alike each year. we get farther away from the ideals that the framers of the constitution had every year...how do you fix that?

i agree 100%

Guest illEagle

Even though the lesser of two evils is still evil...

I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils.

Dagnabit! I long for the day that I can vote FOR someone.

-

-

-

I will "blah blah blah", because I am tired.

"If you always do, what you always have done, then you will always get, what you have always gotten."

What I am screaming is, if we keep voting for the lesser of two evils, then we will always get evil, and I will always take a "no compromise" stance on evil, everyday of the week. The Revolution has to start somewhere!!

I will not be voting for either of these two ass hats, so yall can say whatever you want, but I will be "throwing my vote away" or "I will be casting a vote for obama, because I didn't vote for McCain", or whatever else fits.

"If you don't stand for something, then you will fall for anything."

Let me put it this way....

I once voted for Ross Perot because I really didn't give a **** whether the Dem or Repub won. But If I had cared - at all - I would have voted for the guy I liked best.

I'm not sure but I think it is in one of Piet Hein's Grooks that the way to make a decision is to toss a coin. Doesn't matter which way it comes down. But while it is in the air, you know which way you hope it will fall.

Give it a try. If you really don't care which way it falls, then write in Ross Perot. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

{{{{I don't care for many of John McCain's ideas. I think the modern incarnation of the Repbublicans are almost as bad as the Democrats. But, considering how important a few votes were to the recent Supreme Court ruling, I'm going to vote for McCain.}}}}

These are my feelings also.

I got a flyer in the mail the other day from my Union. USW. They were obviously supporting Obama. I was thinking of going to their website and complaining of their blatant support of any candidate. Just state the facts and let us decide.

I got a flyer in the mail the other day from my Union. USW. They were obviously supporting Obama.

This sort of reminds me of "The Solid South" of old where the political parties pretty much ignored the southern states because they knew those states would always vote Democratic. As the people started listening to the positions of the parties and used their brain to determine how they would vote, the southern states began receiving a lot more money from the Federal government for road construction and such.

The unions harm themselves by being identified with the Democrats, when often it is Republican company owners and boards who determine the fate of the workers jobs. A lot of union members have figured this out and no one can look over their shoulders in the voting booth to see if they are voting the Union line. Maybe it would be better if the unions became more friendly with management in order to keep the work here rather than forcing those jobs out of the country because of labor costs and an unfriendly business climate force upon them by the liberals.

Guest 270win

There are a few decently pro gun democrats at the federal level, but they exist no where near the numbers of pro gun republicans. Most major federal gun control laws have historically been put in place under democratic leadership, such as the 1930's NFA with FDRoosevelt, and Gun Control Act 1968 with LBJ, and the now expired Bill Clinton 'Assault Weapons' ban. I don't think George Bush is the greatest president, but he did appoint two very constitutional minded judges to the Supreme Court. Kerry would have appointed another Breyer and Ginsburg....bye bye 2nd Amendment Rights. Bush was politically smart enough to let the House Speaker keep the Assault Weapons Ban to be renewed on a full floor vote. Do you think Kerry would have done the same with now Nancy Pelosi? I'm not a McCain fan, but it scares me what Obama, his administration, and judicial picks can do to our 2nd Amendment rights. If you think Clinton was bad on guns, wait till you end up with Obama.

Guest unreconstructed1
Yeah right now it is pretty much just vote for the lesser of two evils.

U3071CAS49NLECAZH7QFXCANO4M29CA0SUI.jpg

since I have never cared to much for evil, I believe I will vote with my consience, the way the process was intended.