The Second War of Independence Is Declared

That guy is right. Talk is cheap. Until we finally realize a war was declared on our Constitution, especially the 2nd Amendment, and start acting

on it, we will remain slaves. He wasn't a radical, either. Ha!

I've been thinking about all of the possibilities of what could happen, what might happen, what should be the outcome, etc. I've come to the conclusion that the media is the problem and the enemy. The media needs to be cleansed. They are corrupt, inept, incompetent, have an agenda, and are merely the extension of the liberal Democrat party. They are where 0bama, Dems and whining liberals get their power. Imagine the past 30 years with an unbiased media who actually reported the news objectively rather than creating "news" or covering up the truth. The so-called "media" is absolutely FULL of lies. The lies MUST STOP! The media must be cleaned up, perhaps by force if necessary. They are the crux of the problem in my estimation. They constantly lie and are not held accountable. They are given a pass. Their falsifications MUST be exposed and stopped. They are what have enabled 0bama and those like him. They are give him power. The power that they derive from their offices is very weak compared to the power that a lapdog media gives them. This is where the battle is in my opinion. Food for thought.
  • Like 3
Guest ThePunisher
Stop their lies by not buying their papers and stop watching the BS to boost their ratings. Sooner or later the bottom line puts them out of business.
Guest ThePunisher

That only works en masse. The couple % of the population that's paying attention wouldn't make a dent.

Start with family and friends, and maybe down the line we are heard loudly. I believe it's more than a couple % buying all the guns lately. Edited by ThePunisher

We are well past the point where things like signing petitions, writing letters, boycotting newspapers, not watching tv shows would ever make a serious change.  The media needs to be cleaned up.  They don't see that they have a problem, thus they will not willingly clean up.  Most of the ones in there now have been brought up to do things the way that they do, they don't know what true journalism and objectivity are.  The media house needs a clean sweep so that it can start over.

The media used to be considered the fourth, unofficial branch of government, the independent watchdog who would sound the alarm to the people when government started going astray.  Now, the media is in government's hip pocket and is complicit in pulling the wool over the eyes of the people.  They have no honor and their lies know no bounds.  There is no such thing as investigative journalism any longer.  Don't even get me going on the fact that most of these so-called journalists can't spell, have terrible sentence structure and often leave out the key points of a story that would even make it a "story" (who, what, when, where, how, why).

The media is not our friend, it needs to be dealt with as an enemy or such as a hostile witness in a courtroom.  The longer we let the media sling it's lies, the more difficult it will be to repair this country.

Edited by mcurrier
Guest cardcutter

We are well past the point where things like signing petitions, writing letters, boycotting newspapers, not watching tv shows would ever make a serious change.  The media needs to be cleaned up.

The media is not our friend, it needs to be dealt with as an enemy or such as a hostile witness in a courtroom.  The longer we let the media sling it's lies, the more difficult it will be to repair this country.

My question is how do we do it? Short of ignoring them and ridiculing them at every turn how do we get them to actualy be factual? I have seen this all my life and I do not see a way to change it.

Walter Cronkite, who was called the "most trusted man in America" said he was going to miss "setting the agenda" after he retired.

He also admitting to being a commie. He had me fooled. I actually liked him. Glad I grew out of that.

My question is how do we do it? Short of ignoring them and ridiculing them at every turn how do we get them to actualy be factual? I have seen this all my life and I do not see a way to change it.

Don't know, but that is what we need to figure out.  The media is the key to this thing.

Ban the 1A, especially the assault anchors! It's for the children. J/k of course. These fools in the media don't even realize that without the 2A, the 1A would be on borrowed time.

Ingnoring and ridiculing at every turn is my plan for now, too. Too bad some freedom-loving rich dudes don't get together and buy a couple of news organizations. Then, go in and turn it on it's ear. Report un-biased news or you're fired.
  • Like 1

Ban the 1A, especially the assault anchors! It's for the children. J/k of course. These fools in the media don't even realize that without the 2A, the 1A would be on borrowed time.

Ingnoring and ridiculing at every turn is my plan for now, too. Too bad some freedom-loving rich dudes don't get together and buy a couple of news organizations. Then, go in and turn it on it's ear. Report un-biased news or you're fired.

That's getting closer to what I'm thinking.

• Administrator

I've been thinking about all of the possibilities of what could happen, what might happen, what should be the outcome, etc. I've come to the conclusion that the media is the problem and the enemy. The media needs to be cleansed. They are corrupt, inept, incompetent, have an agenda, and are merely the extension of the liberal Democrat party. They are where 0bama, Dems and whining liberals get their power. Imagine the past 30 years with an unbiased media who actually reported the news objectively rather than creating "news" or covering up the truth. The so-called "media" is absolutely FULL of lies. The lies MUST STOP! The media must be cleaned up, perhaps by force if necessary. They are the crux of the problem in my estimation. They constantly lie and are not held accountable. They are given a pass. Their falsifications MUST be exposed and stopped. They are what have enabled 0bama and those like him. They are give him power. The power that they derive from their offices is very weak compared to the power that a lapdog media gives them. This is where the battle is in my opinion. Food for thought.

Read Ben Shapiro's book Bullies.

Too bad some freedom-loving rich dudes don't get together and buy a couple of news organizations. Then, go in and turn it on it's ear. Report un-biased news or you're fired.

His name is Glenn Beck. It won't happen overnight, but he is making great strides in this direction now.

That only works en masse. The couple % of the population that's paying attention wouldn't make a dent.

I wasn't referring to things like voting, having reasoned discussions with others, campaigning for the right people, etc. We should very much be involved in those things as small percantages can have a big impact. I was replying to a boycott of the mass media. The people willing to do that are like many of us and are already not watching MSNBC. To the majority of America, ABC/NBC/CBS evening news or CNN/MSNBC can be trusted. There may be some idea in their minds that one or more of them are biased one way or another or have/had reporters/anchors that may or may not have been in some kind of trouble in the past, but it's not important enough for them to bother learning or caring which ones are worse than the others. They'll watch whichever comes on after whatever show they were watching before, assuming they don't change over to reruns of How I Met your Mother or Two And a Half Men. Any change would be negligible.

They'll face more troubles from failing to change with the demographics than by any kind of conservative boycott. Don't forget that some people get their news from such reputable sources as Conan's monologue.

Edited by monkeylizard

The media cares about one thing and that's ratings.  it's almost all media.  MSNBC is an extension of the Democratic Party where Fox News is the same for the Republican Party.  They all thrive off of negative news and the love to get their viewers (often the retired who sit a home with nothing else better to do) all riled up over little to nothing.  It's just like a TV show where they get you up on the edge of your seat and then cut to a commercial.