Add another tennessean anti gun opinion piece

Arming teachers won't keep kids safer

It won't???  Glad they cleared that up.

On the other hand -

Teachers In Ohio, Texas Flock To Free Gun Training Classes

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-training-teachers-to-use-guns-0109-20130108,0,4582657.story

Sounds like they don't want to end up dead if some nut comes to their school. Self-preservation. Not to mention that they might save some kids as well. Better than just throwing your body in front of the kids to "protect" them and merely being the first in line to die.

• Like 1
Guest drewmn186

No suprises here, the Tennessean is a Gannet company. New York Journal News, (who posted a map of gun permit holders in a few New York counties), is also a Gannet company along with USA Today. They all play the same game.

The statement I loved the most. 

If you arm teachers, even with training, somewhere, sometime, a gunshot is going to happen.

Well, no $hit.  You can apply that same type of reasoning to anything, sheesh.  Hell, let's ban motor vehicles from school grounds, because I am certain (even though it hasn't happened yet) that "somewhere, sometime," some bat$hit crazy person is going to mow down children with their car while they are at recess or trying to board a bus.

Well, no $hit.  You can apply that same type of reasoning to anything, sheesh.  Hell, let's ban motor vehicles from school grounds, because I am certain (even though it hasn't happened yet) that "somewhere, sometime," some bat$hit crazy person is going to mow down children with their car while they are at recess or trying to board a bus.

That actually happened in Memphis around 10 or 12 years ago...wasn't some crazy person, but a senior citizen that probably shouldn't have been driving that slammed on the acclerator instead of the brake and ran over a bunch of kids at an elementary school.

[quote name="gjohnsoniv" post="880356" timestamp="1357796333"]Did Brian lie to us? Say it ain't so![/quote] He always makes sure to mention that he doesn't get paid enough to offer his opinion on a story. Editorials and such are a different department, but I won't argue that it doesn't show clear the opinions of the editor, unless there was a separate columnist that balanced out the opinion section. I wish these liberal rags would have the honor of at least doing that, but then again, they'd just find a whacko like Alex Jones to be the balancing opinion writer which would only further their cause and strengthen their argument that all gun owners are dangerous to the government and the citizenry.

He always makes sure to mention that he doesn't get paid enough to offer his opinion on a story. Editorials and such are a different department, but I won't argue that it doesn't show clear the opinions of the editor, unless there was a separate columnist that balanced out the opinion section. I wish these liberal rags would have the honor of at least doing that, but then again, they'd just find a whacko like Alex Jones to be the balancing opinion writer which would only further their cause and strengthen their argument that all gun owners are dangerous to the government and the citizenry.

One of the papers here does that quite often, and I agree with you on wishing they had some honor. Unfortunately for anyone they oppose, they don't.

Regarding Brian, I did say that with a slight hint of sarcasm which I'm sure you picked up on.

What do you expect from Ms. Gail "Spoons made me fat" Kerr?

She's the same one who screeched "Blood in the streets!" and "Shootouts in bars!" when the restaurant carry bill was going through the legislature. When I tried to hold her feet to the fire a year later and get her to retract some of the things she said would happen (and didn't), she ignored me.

She's an ignoramus of the highest order.

• Like 1
[quote name="daddyo" post="880404" timestamp="1357817238"]What do you expect from Ms. Gail "Spoons made me fat" Kerr?   She's the same one who screeched "Blood in the streets!" and "Shootouts in bars!" when the restaurant carry bill was going through the legislature. When I tried to hold her feet to the fire a year later and get her to retract some of the things she said would happen (and didn't), she ignored me.   She's an ignoramus of the highest order.[/quote] The first step in fixing a case of liberalism is for them to admit they're wrong when they are proven so. Of course, folks like her are such ego maniacal narcissists that they can't face it when they are wrong, they just ignore it. There is no cure for that kind of liberalism....not a legal cure anyway. Some right wing conservative dude musta left her at the altar back in the day before her panties were occupied by mainly cobwebs and yeast. I can't think of any other reason that she writes with such willful ignorance and venom.
  • Like 2

Wow! Reading the comments that go with that article makes one's blood pressure go up.

It's just Gail Kerr spewing her ignorant tripe. Notice how she offers NO facts or evidence to support what she's saying. Truth is, the woman couldn't find her big butt with both hands.
  • Like 1

I have yet to read one Gail's columns that belies the faintest hint of critical thinking on her part.  This is just another in a long series of ignorant drivel from her at best, and intentionally misleading at worst.

Does anyone besides me just love the idea that an Overton High School student pulling a gun a teacher is cited as a reason teacher's should *not* carry?  Really Gail?  The teacher was nearly gunned down in front of his class, and should be deprived of the means to defend himself solely due to his current GPS coordinates?  That argument is extra special in my book.

And the Pearl Cohn shooting she cites is detailed in this report:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14432129/2-charged-in-shooting-of-17-year-old-at-pearl-cohn-high

The long and short of it?  It wasn't a school shooting at all.  A girl was a on a schoolbus when two gang members *outside the schoolbus* began shooting at each other.  Anyone want to take bets on whether these three gentlemen legally possessed their firearms?  Are we giving handguns to known gang members these days?

Just another example of why gun regulations don't work, and Gail completely (intentionally?) missed the point.

All her examples were "illegal possession" not a qualified, trained adult.   Not the full answer but shouldn't be dismissed by using flase examples.  Maybe the disrespect for human life by killing unborn children, the entertainment industry, and video games have added to the lack of religious basis for our society.  Sent her an email outlining all of the above.  We'll see if she responds.

Probably right, daddyo.  Couldn't let her irresponsible logic logic go by without writing her.   True to li8beral leanings she said nothing about people (and society) taking responsibility for what is happening in this county.  It's always something else's fault.  Blame something else but don't blame people--you might hurt their feelings or offend them!

The first step in fixing a case of liberalism is for them to admit they're wrong when they are proven so. Of course, folks like her are such ego maniacal narcissists that they can't face it when they are wrong, they just ignore it. There is no cure for that kind of liberalism....not a legal cure anyway. Some right wing conservative dude musta left her at the altar back in the day before her panties were occupied by mainly cobwebs and yeast. I can't think of any other reason that she writes with such willful ignorance and venom.

seriously... this post is the funniest thing I have read all day.

sad, but funny. :rofl:

Edited by tartanphantom