CCW Course Results

3772-1213942562008.jpg

Out of 48 shots, I had 3 in the 8 ring and the rest in the 9 or 10. Not too bad for a brand new, out of the box, never fired before, S&W M&P9C. It looks like it shoots to the left just a little.

My wife also went to the course with me and passed with her Beretta 84 .380. She had a hangfire on one of her shots and still managed to hit the paper.

Edited by fivestring63
This link should work.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Out of 48 shots, I had 3 in the 8 ring and the rest in the 9 or 10. Not too bad for a brand new, out of the box, never fired before, S&W M&P9C. It looks like it shoots to the left just a little.

Well done!

Guest bkelm18

I have a tendency to shoot to the left with striker fired pistols as well. So I don't think it was the gun. You probably just have to adjust your shooting style to it.

I have a tendency to shoot to the left with striker fired pistols as well. So I don't think it was the gun. You probably just have to adjust your shooting style to it.

+1

These worked great for me.

Go to this link ( http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf.html ), scroll down about 1/2-3/4. You'll see 2 pie charts. One is for right handed shooter's, and the other for left handed.

Use these as you next range target. Someone turned me onto them, and they've really helped improve my shot.

Congrats and enjoy.

After I think about it, I believe your right to a certain extent. Most of the far left shots were from a rapid fire portion of the test and it very well could be my shooting style.

""The easiest way to post pics is to simply right click on it,and copy and paste. No need to worry about links,codes,or smodes...""

Thanks for the tip on posting pics. Didn't even think about copying. Now how do you resize it to fit the screen?? It

Edited by fivestring63

Thanks for the tip on posting pics. Didn't even think about copying. Now how do you resize it to fit the screen??

The board software will do that automatically,or you could resize in PhotoBucket or like picture hosting web sites.

What is the course of fire for the HCP course. My wife has to take the course and I am thinking of taking it, so she won't have to do it alone. If the TN course is anything like the SC course I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but maybe someone who had never seen or touched a firearm. The SC course was a slow painful 8hrs.

Guest bkelm18
What is the course of fire for the HCP course. My wife has to take the course and I am thinking of taking it, so she won't have to do it alone. If the TN course is anything like the SC course I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but maybe someone who had never seen or touched a firearm. The SC course was a slow painful 8hrs.

I think its something like 4 courses of fire with 6 shots each at 3 yds, 2 courses of fire with 6 shots each at 7 yds, and 2 courses of fire with 6 shots each at 15 yds. 48 shots total. Pretty simple.

Guest GUTTERbOY

The OP here mentioned rapid-fire portions; I dunno about his class, but mine didn't have any time constraints whatsoever for the strings. As I recall, they were about like bkelm said, except we used up the last 2 rounds with a 3 yard double-tap to the brain housing group at the end.

The classroom portion is pretty boring. We had to watch this video which was apparently a DOS-standard thing, and it was just ridiculous. Luckily, it was ridiculous enough to be unintentionally entertaining. :)

Still, it was better than the course I took for my NC CHL. That constituted 8 hours in the classroom plus 4 hours on the range. I dunno why I had to take a LESS detailed course here in TN when I'd had a far more in-depth training experience for my NC permit... but who knows. Bottom line, I got the card, and I can carry now.

Where are you folks moving to in TN, if you don't mind me asking?

Our range time consisted of 12 rounds at 3 yards, 12 rounds at 7 yds, and 12 rounds at 15 yards. Then there was a 12 round rapid fire at 3 yards.

There wasn't any time limits on any of these. We just had to wait for the slowest shooters to finish. During the rapid fire, we were allowed to also expend our last 2 shots of the box to the brain group.

Guest unreconstructed1
Our range time consisted of 12 rounds at 3 yards, 12 rounds at 7 yds, and 12 rounds at 15 yards. Then there was a 12 round rapid fire at 3 yards.

There wasn't any time limits on any of these. We just had to wait for the slowest shooters to finish. During the rapid fire, we were allowed to also expend our last 2 shots of the box to the brain group.

you went to Coal Creek...

Yes, it was Coal Creek. So I assume you went took the course there too?

I kinda felt sorry for the guys with low capacity magazines that couldn't hold the 12 rounds. But on the other hand, that was probably good practice swapping mag's in the middle of a shoot.

Edited by fivestring63

I kinda felt sorry for the guys with low capacity magazines that couldn't hold the 12 rounds. But on the other hand, that was probably good practice swapping mag's in the middle of a shoot.

I did it at CC also.

Heck, I used a 1950's H&R .22 revolver, 9 shot.

The kind where you have to REMOVE the cylinder to reload :2cents:

Never really tried to precisely hit anything with it before; left/right was good, but either I or it shot high at all distances. But good enough.

OS

Guest unreconstructed1

yup, I was there this past Saturday.

I did Coal Creek too, May 17th, with a 5 shot 2 inch revolver.