Pat Buchanan Drops the "R" Word

Guest 6.8 AR

Just make sure you don't blame it on one generation for our current mess. This has been going on since the last signature to the

Constitution was affixed.

The irony with revolution in the US is that it won't be necessary till sometime down the road after the guns are taken.

Hence the more subtle usefulness in 2A, that it is ultimately as much prevention of total tyranny as recourse against it.

- OS

I can see it now: The XBOX Revolution, instead of the Gadsden flag they would fly a banner that simply read "I ****ED YOU'RE MOM LAST NIGHT FAGGOT"

And yes, I used the wrong "you're" on purpose

I don't think the folks who fantasize about a second revolution understand that, and probably wouldn't until it was unfolding before them.

Yes they did.  Man has always romanticized war and I doubt we will ever stop romanticizing war.   It's human nature to..  That being said I agree with just about everything else you said.  I just hope the time never comes where we will all be forced to choice.  It will be a sad day indeed.

Guest Cold Dead Hands

I don't know what's more disturbing, the direction we're headed or the direction some of y'all want to go.

I don't see anyone here advocating for anything extreme. In fact it seems NONE OF US want it to go in the direction THEY are forcing it to go. When you have no choice, defensive action is taken. From this vantage point it seems that's where THEY are taking us. 

I don't know what's more disturbing, the direction we're headed or the direction some of y'all want to go.

I pray every day that we dont have to go in that direction, I for one do not look forward to it at all.

That being said I will not lay down and take it eather, I send 2 to 3 e-mails everyday to the Reps and The prez.

Does it do any good, I can only hope so, does it put me on their radar, most likey.

I have to do something, I live this COUNTRY, I have to do SOMETHING!

Guest MidTNGlock

I don't see anyone here advocating for anything extreme. In fact it seems NONE OF US want it to go in the direction THEY are forcing it to go. When you have no choice, defensive action is taken. From this vantage point it seems that's where THEY are taking us. 

There is violence just under the surface of almost every post in this thread. I think talk of revolution only helps the grabbers. It reinforces their negative stereotypes of us.

Someone mentioned MLK. Follow his example. Of course, that would require you to engage in peaceful protest and get maced and beaten by the cops and then hauled off to jail for exercising your legal right to protest. Think you're up for that?

Threats of violent overthrow or yearning to be "forced" to resort to violence will not bring enough people to our side. It will turn them against us.

I appreciate all the help I've received here while I'm learning about firearms but I think it's time for me to find another forum.

There is violence just under the surface of almost every post in this thread. I think talk of revolution only helps the grabbers. It reinforces their nI hav'nt egative stereotypes of us.

Someone mentioned MLK. Follow his example. Of course, that would require you to engage in peaceful protest and get maced and beaten by the cops and then hauled off to jail for exercising your legal right to protest. Think you're up for that?

Threats of violent overthrow or yearning to be "forced" to resort to violence will not bring enough people to our side. It will turn them against us.

I appreciate all the help I've received here while I'm learning about firearms but I think it's time for me to find another forum.

I suppose the rest of us are not as perceptive as you and DaveTN, as I don't pick up on these threats of "violent overthrow". According to you guys, anyone who says "if a gang of burglars breaks into my house while I and my wife and children are sleeping, they will be met with deadly force if necessary to protect my family", that statement equates to "I'm going to go out and find someone who looks like they might break into my house and kill them before they even think of breaking in to my house." The ONLY thing that I have read people saying is that "if some entity comes (to me, my home, my location) with the intent to forcefully disposes me of an object guaranteed me by a specific amendment in the U.S. Constitution meant specifically for the resistence of such an act, I will resist and continue to resist to the degree necessary until the aggression against me ceases." No one is saying that they are the ones who intend to go forth and purport aggression against the govt. or any other entity, all conversations that I am aware of are defensive in posture, NOT offensive.

If you feel that you must leave, I am sorry that you feel that way. No one is advocating what you perhaps mistakenly think.
  • Like 3
Guest Cold Dead Hands

There is violence just under the surface of almost every post in this thread. I think talk of revolution only helps the grabbers. It reinforces their negative stereotypes of us.

:usa:  :usa:  :usa:

MidTNGlock, do you e-mail you Reps and let them know how you feel about all this talk of gun control?

Are you a member of the NRA, GOA?

Do you think the guberment wont stop till all arms are out of the hands of the American people?

You do not have to answer any of these questions here, just to your self.