Finger printing hours in smyrna!?!?

Guest lan2i

Guest lan2i

I just finished the handgun safety course but have 1 gripe.

I dont mind the state subcontracting out things like fingerpringting, it must be done. But seriously, COGENT in MURFREESBORO business hours are

7:00AM-3:30PM Monday-FRIDAY? Ok the one day I might get off early is a Friday. But hell most days we are pouring concrete till 4:30 or 5:00. I guess the state just expects the working man to take a day off to be fingerprinted? End rant.

EDIT: MURFREESBORO

Edited by lan2i
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lan2i

There is a UPS store in spring hill thats where im on saturday. I have already been printed once by cogent for a previous job I suppose that wont cut it will it? they wouldnt get their 15 dollars that way would they?

No, you'll have to do it again. I was fingerprinted for hauling hazardous material/waste only weeks before taking my HCP class, and I was required to do it again, at the very same place.

Forgive the temporary hijack....

You'd really think that being finger printed once would be enough, wouldn't you? Or no more than twice (State and Fed)

I've been printed SEVERAL times (NO!!!..none for arrest :confused:).......don't see why again. I have a CDL and keep thinking of getting my HazMat endorsement just to have to help get a part-time job, but the expense of getting finger printed again has kept me from doing it.

Got mine taken in the Knox Co. School office on Central. Same day as my paperwork. Took a number @ DL office @12:18, @ 2:18 the last print was done. 3 hours and 10 min. from leaving home in OR to getting back, and this was a Friday.

Edited by bubbiesdad
Guest grimel
Forgive the temporary hijack....

You'd really think that being finger printed once would be enough, wouldn't you? Or no more than twice (State and Fed)

I've been printed SEVERAL times (NO!!!..none for arrest :devil:).......don't see why again.

Don't get me started on finger printing! I'd be willing to bet I have at least 20 sets on record with the state and feds, yet, if I wanted another state lic for something I'd have to have another set taken. I tried to save money by doing the armed guard, HCL, and something else at the same time. HA! Have to do each seperately, it seems the various state agencies don't recognize each other's finger print sets.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

You think those hours are bad...

The fingerprinting in Elizabethton, TN at the Sherrif's office only available on Wed and Thurs between 1pm - 4pm. :devil:

Hmm. I did mine at a UPS Store in Lenoir City. They're open everyday except Sunday. Its not really up to the state what the business hours of the fingerprint location are. If you haven't checked here yet, this will list all the locations local to you:

http://www.tennessee.cogentid.com/TN_MAP/TN_Map.html

+1

I live in Sweetwater but that was the best of the list since it is open on Saturday