R.I.P. George Carlin

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Carlin, more for his clever look at terms than his profanity. Not that I have anything against ****ing profanity. :hat:

A couple that come to mind:

Flammable/Inflammable - Well which is it? Does it flam or not?

Hot water heater - If the water is hot, then why does it need a heater?

Edited by Marswolf
Guest sling

His sketch on religion was pretty good too.

Not a huge fan of his profanity as i think he probably could have gotten his point across without it. Heard about this on the radio this morning... the day just got gloomy. :hat:

His sketch on religion was pretty good too.

Not a huge fan of his profanity as i think he probably could have gotten his point across without it. Heard about this on the radio this morning... the day just got gloomy. :hat:

no one was doing this type of comedy at the time.

Guest bkelm18

Heard about it on the radio this morning too. Turns out, he was the host on the first episode of Saturday Night Live. I thought that was pretty cool. I never really saw much of his stuff but what I did see was pretty dang funny.

My favorite from him is this

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use..... The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million

illegal immigrants

That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.....

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Border....

When they catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq ...

Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the [military.....

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.....

After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country......

He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot......

This option will probably deter illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves......

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.....

Problem solved.....

Edited by strickj

Well... ****, Piss, ****, ****, ********er, and Mother****er. The 7 words you cant say on TV it wasn't is language that made me like him, but it was the fact he was a hardcore realist. "Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?" " If you want to lower crime in big cities, give them all the guns and drugs they want and build a fence around the city and wait a few days."

He fought for the first amendment which allows us to speak up and fight for the second.

I don't think of Carlin as a "foul mouthed" comedian.

Most of the stuff he did that I ever heard was not very harsh at all.

He was an actual comedian who used humor to be funny rather than a Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy type who use cussing to draw a laugh.

I don't know of any comic out there now that can fill this guys shoes.

My favorite from him is this

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use..... The best way to stop using so much gas is to deport 11 million

illegal immigrants

That would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would come down.....

Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the Border....

When they catch an illegal

immigrant crossing the border, hand him a canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq ...

Tell him if he wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the

[military.....

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it.....

After his tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this country......

He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal patriot......

This option will probably deter

illegal immigration and provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to make a better life for themselves......

If they refuse to serve, ship them to Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo.....

Problem solved.....

Love that. and R.I.P.

Guest bkelm18

I heard on the radio while I was driving around today one of his bits about "Stuff". How your house is only a building to store your stuff, if you go on vacation you have to decide what stuff to bring, and if you stay with someone, you have no place to put your stuff because of their stuff, however their stuff is sh*t and your sh*t is stuff. I was laughing hard. Very basic comedy is sometimes the best.

In my humble opinion, we've just lost the greatest comedian, ever. Although much of his career was before my time, I've never heard/seen someone so damn funny and honest about his beliefs. I really think it was his "realist" personality and viewpoints that I loved most. To me, most everything he said made perfect sense. His views on religion, politics and psychology were right on track with mine. Or mine with his.

Like him or not, this man has had an amazing career. He's has 23 album's, 14 HBO special and played parts in 16 movies. The man will always be the best in my mind. I guess my wish for just one more HBO Special will never be granted.

R.I.P George.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&feature=related&fmt=18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o&feature=related&fmt=18[/ame]

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCz0-HY1TLU&fmt=18]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCz0-HY1TLU&fmt=18[/ame]

Edited by TripleDigitRide

What really cracks me up about Carlin, was what he had been up to recently. My grandson was watching Thomas the Train on TV, and I immediately recognized Carlin's voice as one of the characters. It is about the mildest show ever created.

He will be missed!

What really cracks me up about Carlin, was what he had been up to recently. My grandson was watching Thomas the Train on TV, and I immediately recognized Carlin's voice as one of the characters. It is about the mildest show ever created.

He will be missed!

Because he tried to lead such a private life, most people didn't know of his involvement in several causes for children.

I'd like to add my sentiments. I also think Carlin was the best ever. A man of incredible intelligence and only a 9th grade education. He was also a born linguist, teaching more about the power of language and the meaning of words than years of graduate school ever did. I also loved his take on organized religion. A very funny guy. The loss is ours. May he RIP.