ABC news is full of SH*T

Guest Mbeck

Huh, teenage college students unfamiliar with deploying a weapon in a self defense situation failed this "test"... who would have thunk it...

Mac

It's not just that.  The students knew the purpose of the "experiment" and the highly trained police officers who acted as bad guys knew which student had the gun before they came into the classroom.  This little exercise was nothing more than a quick draw competition between a novice and an expert who had every possible advantage.  Completely BS, but the gun grabbers love it because facts don't matter.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
Guest ArmaDeFuego

A more real world scenario of this would be if somehow the experiment could be made double blind, which admittedly would be pretty hard. But if it is going to be realistic, the shooter should not know who might have a concealed weapon inside & the person(s) with a concealed weapon inside shouldnt know when the attack will happen.

I agree its complete BS to have the shooter come in & just immediately target the concealed weapon holder. Thats not realistic at all.

No offense to the OP but I was this video would just disappear. It just makes me mad every time I see it pop up somewhere.

Yeah, Sorry.. it was the first time I had seen it.

Yeah, Sorry.. it was the first time I had seen it.

No worries. Didn't know how to say that without sounding like a jerk. It just boils my blood but I guess not everyone has seen it. If they haven't then it's a good example of just how far the left will twist things around to coincide with their agenda.

And welcome if I haven't already told you so. :pleased:

A more real world scenario of this would be if somehow the experiment could be made double blind, which admittedly would be pretty hard. But if it is going to be realistic, the shooter should not know who might have a concealed weapon inside & the person(s) with a concealed weapon inside shouldnt know when the attack will happen.

I agree its complete BS to have the shooter come in & just immediately target the concealed weapon holder. Thats not realistic at all.

I have thought that the best way to do this type of study would be to give a participants the firearms and have them carry them regularly over the course of a few days and then pick a random time for the "shooter" to attack.  That way it would give the "permit holder" time to get complacent and not be on high alert.  Also, the "shooter" should be an average person as well since most of the real-world shooters are nothing more than average folks with little to no firearms training.  By randomly assigning people to the "shooter" group and letting each of them have a go, you would make the experiment more real-world.