Link to send letter about new Gun Bill

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Here's mine:

With all the rhetoric about guns in the press, and still no evidence that a single gun law has ever

kept a criminal from acquiring one, I ask you to leave this issue alone and, instead, use the existing

laws to prevent criminals from using guns in their daily criminal activity. It serves no purpose to make

me into a criminal when I commit no crimes. Reasonable laws should never be based on emotional

arguments. And public opinion polls are a poor excuse for law making.  If anything, get rid of most

of the laws that prevent the citizen from protecting themselves. Those are most of the laws you have

passed so far. Please try and remember what the 2nd Amendment really means by showing respect

to it with your next vote.

I have expressed it different way:

Dear Lamar Alexander,

I like to express my concern about so-called “Assalt weapon ban” drafted by Senator Dianne Feinstein. Proposed regulation closely resembles the gun confiscatin performed by Russian dictator Stalin in 1920th and Nazi leader Hitler in 1930th. As we know from history, neither Soviet Russia not Nazi Germany became any better after such action.

Another example of inadequate firearm regulation is Australia. It was a country with virtually no violent crime through XX century until 1996 National Agreement on Firearms. After 1996 regulations Australia experienced significant increase of violent crime and majority of the citizens feel insecure and unprotected.

Britain introduced the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988 -- making registration mandatory for owning shotguns and banning semi-automatic and pump-action weapons. Penalties for anyone found in possession of illegal firearms range from heavy fines to prison terms of up to 10 years. According to bare statistics, the number of crimes involving guns in England and Wales rose heavily during the late 1990s to peak at 24,094 offences in 2003/04.

American society is way more violent than Britain and Australia. Restrictions for gun ownership if implemented would have devastation effect in our country. The citizens would be effectively left on mercy of armed criminals. And such criminals have no mercy.

Americans are scared. All modern rifles and ammunition for them are already sold. I deeply respect the people who buy efficient rifles and thousands rounds of ammunition to protect themselves in case if irresponsible gun ban occurs. I understand and respect their intention to keep their firearms regardless of implemented restrictions. It is a human nature and a right given by God to protect ourselves and our families. However I see a better way of actions. This way called representative democracy.

Wast majority of Americans are good people. Quite a few are violent or dangerous. We are capable to protect ourselves and our country as far as you protect our rights to do so. We voted for you to be our protector.

Save America, repel irresponsible frearms regulation

With all due respect Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx

Guest 6.8 AR
I only posted mine as an example. That page suggested short and sweet, so I thought it was helpful. As to the "With all due respect", I consider them to be my employee, and would much rather be assertive. They need to be respecting us much more than they currently do. Just a suggestion, though. Always be polite. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote name="6.8 AR" post="874491" timestamp="1357087189"]Here's mine:  With all the rhetoric about guns in the press, and still no evidence that a single gun law has ever kept a criminal from acquiring one, I ask you to leave this issue alone and, instead, use the existing laws to prevent criminals from using guns in their daily criminal activity. It serves no purpose to make me into a criminal when I commit no crimes. Reasonable laws should never be based on emotional arguments. And public opinion polls are a poor excuse for law making.  If anything, get rid of most of the laws that prevent the citizen from protecting themselves. Those are most of the laws you have passed so far. Please try and remember what the 2nd Amendment really means by showing respect to it with your next vote.[/quote] Well said 6.8 AR.. May I use you letter?

Well said 6.8 AR.. May I use you letter?

Man, I'm not smart enough to copyright it. Please do. That's the ultimate compliment. Thank you!

Although you might think about it and come up with a better way to say it. I spent no time on it and

, as usual, I may not have been as succinct as I should have.