Gun Grab = The End For The Regime?

Guest macmonkey

Guest macmonkey

I think we're all very aware that there are some majorly evil powers at play right now.  The administration cites their mission to 'fundamentally' change this country in the interest in saving lives.

We all know that there are a number of bigger problems causing much more harm and even death to tens of thousands if not millions.  The financial issues alone which are facing our country could cause generations of poverty stricken people which won't be able to afford food or basic necessities.  In addition the health care issues like diabetes which affect millions.  Automobile accidents, major disasters, a failing infrastructure.. The list goes on. A quick look at the top 15 causes of death in the US doesn't even reveal death by guns.

That being said - we all know that the billions of dollars that would be required to fund a gun grab combined with the negative P.R. and the loss of even more of the administrations "fan base" (and potentially violence?). Could this be a major blow for them?  It seems as if they are going all-in on this one and there is certainly more to lose than to gain.

If this "gun grab" results in a vocal rejection from both R's and D's in Congress and a massive demonstration with the public against these unconstitutional initiatives bring an early end to the regime?

Kind of an open-ended question but would like to at least think that this could end badly for them in some way.

They are going for the emotional vote.

I fear to many 2nd amendment supports in the senate and congress are going to change sides.  They are going to paint such a picture that those in office will fear for their job if they don't.

I am going to worry there won't even be enough to negotiate the bill down.  They have ask for everything and if enough don't oppose it they will get it.

We need to keep cool heads, but let our voices be heard.

• Like 1

I fear to many 2nd amendment supports in the senate and congress are going to change sides.  They are going to paint such a picture that those in office will fear for their job if they don't.

I am going to worry there won't even be enough to negotiate the bill down.  They have ask for everything and if enough don't oppose it they will get it.

BIG PLUS ONE!!!

Get in touch with your Reps, phone, e-mail, I send e-mail EVERY DAY to mine and the Pres.

Yeah. I see the House Republicans getting right behind Obama. They do it all the time :rofl:

It's going to be screwy, but the House Republicans will give the majority up if they cave. Talk is cheap. They

talk a lot before they vote. And it is not usually indicative of what they talked about. The Tea Party crowd in

the House is playing havoc with Boehner. Boehner is stupid and moderate(liberal), but he may be becoming

unimportant real fast. The Tea Party is actually becoming an important part in the House, as far as conservativism

goes.

I predict that if any sitting polititian of any flavor votes his "conscience" as they are fond of sayin on these "difficult matters" (...read that a "yes" vote for this gun control thing....) in a red state (...and most likely in a purple state like North Carolina, or even a nominally blue state like Missouri....); they will be voted out regardless of party.  The only polititians that can afford to vote for this kind of statist baloney are those safely ensconsed in the deep blue states like Kalefornia, New York, etc... 

I'm old enough to remember the gun control act of 1968.  A bunch of grand old polititians were turned out over it; including Al Gore, Sr.; a 6 term demorat senator from our fair state. 

All that bein said, we need to keep up the pressure on these sons and daughters of satan to see that they dont sell us out.  I sugguest strongly supporting the NRA.  This is the big one. 

I also believe that if any sort of "gun ban" is passed; it will head straight to the Supreme Court where i think it will be done in.  The court has essentially said that gun ownership is an individual right; and that the individual states (...not the federal government...) may reasonably regulate the wearing of arms with an eye to keeping the peace, so to speak.  Under the current intrepretation given by the court; i aint sure the original firearms act of the twenties and the gun control act of 1968 would pass muster.

All that bein said, keep the pressure on the political class so we wont have to find all that out.

leroy

Edited by leroy
Guest macmonkey

leroy,

Thanks for your insight.  The renewed anti-gun interest has really catapulted me into learning a lot more about the history of gun rights.  It just seems to me like with all of the issues at hand - our situation is kind of like...

A person with diabetes, heart failure and cancer goes to the Dr. and the Dr. suggests the patient get a nose job.

From a fiscal, social and political standpoint it seems like this could easily be one of the worst moves of any administration next to prohibition of alcohol.