Gear Review: SOE Low Profile Aid Kit

TAC_7823_zpsefb63406.jpg

I recently got a chance to use the OSOE Low Profile Aid Kit (LPAK).  I used this piece of gear in the Tactical Response High Risk Civilian Contractor CQB Raids and Rescues class.  I mounted the aid kit on the back of my armor carrier in the small of my back.  The LPAK has an extremely low profile and while kitted up I could easily sit in a vehicle and operate the controls unimpeded.  While it’s never comfortable to drive while wearing armor; it was much less cumbersome to maneuver myself while inside the car. 

The LPAK sleeve is only an inch and a half thick when loaded and covers six rows of PALS webbing.  The internal organizer has enough room to hold an impressive amount of supplies; everything lies out neatly and supplies are easily identified.  For my purposes I had my kit stocked with the contents of the Ventilated Operator Kit offered by Tactical Response Gear as well as a few extra items such as trauma shears, QuickClot, chest seals, and extra gloves.  When needed the kit is easily accessible with both hands by pulling the large handles located on either side.  Accidental deployment is unlikely as the sleeve holds the organizer very securely.

IMG_1882_zps9fcb7403.jpg

IMG_1884_zps2563fac5.jpg

IMG_1888_zps8fb392f1.jpg

During the class I was required to negotiate hallways, doors, and window openings while maneuvering around teammates.  By moving the med kit to my back I was able to narrow my profile enough that I never had any problems snagging gear on obstacles or impeding my movement or the movements of my teammates.

TAC_8315_zpsa27db588.jpg

543076_10151337541793092_1468758214_n_zp

Mike

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic