Favorite Rifle Rail System

alwaysonjohn

Somehow in this ban scare I picked up a brand new RRA A4 Upper for a NORMAL price.  So to help everyone take their mind off current political non-sense, please help me mod it!

i just got a carbine a4 upper and I want to change it to a quad rail or free float rail system.  I was wanting opinions... although i'm leaning torward a Troy VTAC Alpha 13" or a Seekins SAR 12" or a DD Lite 12".

I want to shave down the fsb and then place something 11-14" overtop.  I also need a sling quick detach hole/point somewhere on the left side of the rail.  I also need a 2" rail space on the top for troy flip-ups.  I also need another 2" rail on the side or top for a thorntail mount/tac light. I'm looking forward to your thoughts AND PICTURES!

Edited by alwaysonjohn
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't post pics now but I love my Samson Evolution. It comes with 2x 2" and 1x 1" rail sections that you can put wherever you want and a full top rail. They also make the same one with different cutouts for Rainier Arms. Cheaper than the others that you mentioned, I actually sold a DD quad to buy the Samson.

I have the 2" sections mounted at a 45 angle to the right and a holo sight on top. You can buy more rails if needed.

I shaved the A2 front sight to accommodate the longer tube, it was pretty easy and I am happy with the outcome. Edited by Romad7
[quote name="alwaysonjohn" post="871682" timestamp="1356825638"]Somehow in this ban scare I picked up a brand new RRA A4 Upper for a NORMAL price.  So to help everyone take their mind off current political non-sense, please help me mod it!   i just got a carbine a4 upper and I want to change it to a quad rail or free float rail system.  I was wanting opinions... although i'm leaning torward a Troy VTAC Alpha 13" or a Seekins SAR 12" or a DD Lite 12".   I want to shave down the fsb and then place something 11-14" overtop.  I also need a sling quick detach hole/point somewhere on the left side of the rail.  I also need a 2" rail space on the top for troy flip-ups.  I also need another 2" rail on the side or top for a thorntail mount/tac light. [b]I'm looking forward to your thoughts AND PICTURES![/b][/quote] Did you get it at Quantico? As for the rail, I like the Daniel Defense Omega X. It locks up tight, is half the bulk of others and has QD sockets built in. I've been wanting to try out the Troy alpha rails also.

Thanks, I let three lowers slip by my hands the week before thinking no one would buy them in a day while I made up my mind.

Its looking like it will be an Omega just because those things are built like a tank (while being light).

Final build which will be finished in Mid-January:

Rock River Arms A4 Upper

·         Daniel Defense  Quad Rail

·         Yankee Hill Machine Mid-length Barrel

·         Aimpoint Micro T-1

·         Troy HK StyleFlip-up Backup Iron Sights

·         Spikes Tactical T-2 Buffer

·         Yankee Hill Machine Low Profile Gas Block

·         DPMS Gas Tube and Roll Pin

·         BCM Full-Auto BCG

·         BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle w/ Mod 3 Latch

·         BattleComp 1.0

·         Thorntail Adaptive Light Mount

·         Surefire Fury Tactical (with EAG Push Button) OR the Inforce HSP-WML (if i want momentary only, which for now I don't)

Stag Lower

·         DPMS Lower Parts Kit

·         Magpul STR

·         Staked Mil-spec Tube

·         Magpul Bad Lever

·         Magpul Aluminum Enhanced Trigger Guard

·         ErgoGrip

Other

·         Blackhawk 38” case

·         4 Magpul Pmags with Ranger Plates

·         Blue Force Padded Vickers Combat Applications Sling (Two Point)

Edited by alwaysonjohn