Mag Ban Bill in the House

And exactly how are they going to know how someone ended up with a "high capacity magazine"? Will we be required to carry around a bill of sale for each one?

Notice how they have yet to give any details of how this would have had any effect on what happened in CT.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

That's what I was wondering, I have a feeling there's not going to be many hi-cap mags in stock when they vote on something like this, they will be all sold out. So how in the heck are they going to know if anyone "transfers" their mags to someone else unless caught in the act. So what if it becomes illegal, the media can violate the law without punishment, the administration can violate the law without punishment, can change and make up new laws without congressional approval so why should I or anyone else give a crap if it's illegal? Don't us common peasants get to violate or ignore a law or two every now and then, or is it just the elite and state controled propagandists who get to ignore the law?

"Still, backers are hopeful, noting that a ban on high-capacity magazines — which have been involved in many of the recent high-profile instances of mass gun violence — would be a smaller concession for gun-rights advocates than a broader assault weapons ban."

I'm pretty sure most shooters, if not all, were wearing pants at the time of their massacres.  Should we then outlaw pants?

"Still, backers are hopeful, noting that a ban on high-capacity magazines — which have been involved in many of the recent high-profile instances of mass gun violence — would be a smaller concession for gun-rights advocates than a broader assault weapons ban."

I'm pretty sure most shooters, if not all, were wearing pants at the time of their massacres.  Should we then outlaw pants?

Yes, because had these criminals not been wearing pants, they would not have gone out in public to commit their crimes; therefore, all pants need to be outlawed.

Ending private sales wouldn't bother me, personally. It would have almost zero impact on me, and I would never hear "gun show loophole" again. Not saying I'm for it.

You'd also be suprised how many FFLs would be privately for this. A lot of small shops make most of their money on transfers because a lot of people buy guns on-line these days (often at better prices than a small dealer can get them for). Transfers will go way up if you end private sales.

You'd also be suprised how many FFLs would be privately for this. A lot of small shops make most of their money on transfers because a lot of people buy guns on-line these days (often at better prices than a small dealer can get them for). Transfers will go way up if you end private sales.

Not even about that really. It's the only hole, where somebody can sneak through their bs dragnet. Won't prevent anything, won't solve anything, but will shut down any valid argument they have.

I'm not too ashamed to tell you guys, I'm scared. There are things at work bigger than just the regressive president at work here. This could be the beginning of the end for people like us in this country. What if it's just the facebook/texting/screen addicts that allow themselves to be brainwashed overnight that are making everyone's political decisions from here on out? A large number of Americans (I don't know whether to say majority or not) will now believe anything the media or their facebook friends tell them. I urge everyone to go http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML to at least try and stop this from happening. The problem is I think their timing and their strategies may have really paid off this time...

Edited by thefinder808
  • Like 1
I'm not too ashamed to tell you guys, I'm scared. There are things at work bigger than just the regressive president at work here. This could be the beginning of the end for people like us in this country. What if it's just the facebook/texting/screen addicts that allow themselves to be brainwashed overnight that are making everyone's political decisions from here on out? A large number of Americans (I don't know whether to say majority or not) will now believe anything the media or their facebook friends tell them. I urge everyone to go http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML to at least try and stop this from happening. The problem is I think their timing and their strategies may have really paid off this time...

Lots of us have already done that. We're not gonna yield without a fight. This is the easy part.

IMO the hard part will be deciding what we are going to do once they have decided what they are going to do, and then what the state decides to do.  It may come down to a question of "Underground Outlaw" or armed organized resistance.

IMO the hard part will be deciding what we are going to do once they have decided what they are going to do, and then what the state decides to do.  It may come down to a question of "Underground Outlaw" or armed organized resistance.

Armed organized resistance means the end of our country. It means American against American, just like what happened in the civil war. It means the end of your job, businesses closing, manufacturing stopping, and the economy collapsing.

Unlike the civil war, the government has Homeland Security, surveillance technology that that can easily locate you, the ability to identify you and label you as a terrorist through the media, and plenty of people that will be more than willing to turn you in or shoot you on sight.

We have people that think they will be traipsing around in the woods living off the land, carrying a gun and high fiving each other. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

You can try to make it sound nice if you want, but “Armed Organized Resistance” is just another name for a terrorist that would take up arms against other Americans. It’s been suggested or implied many times here and the people that think that is the answer worry me more than anything the government could do.

Armed organized resistance means the end of our country. It means American against American, just like what happened in the civil war. It means the end of your job, businesses closing, manufacturing stopping, and the economy collapsing.

Unlike the civil war, the government has Homeland Security, surveillance technology that that can easily locate you, the ability to identify you and label you as a terrorist through the media, and plenty of people that will be more than willing to turn you in or shoot you on sight.

We have people that think they will be traipsing around in the woods living off the land, carrying a gun and high fiving each other. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

You can try to make it sound nice if you want, but “Armed Organized Resistance” is just another name for a terrorist that would take up arms against other Americans. It’s been suggested or implied many times here and the people that think that is the answer worry me more than anything the government could do.

Organized anything doesn't happen on the fly. We don't know where the fight is going yet. Unified resistance... absolutely. Armed resistance... we're so far from that, it shouldn't even be mentioned.

At this point, everybody is a pawn except for King Peanut Head and his merry band of gun grabbers. They're not very smart. We can most likely whip their ass on the chess board, and leave our guns in the safe.

I'm not too worried about it anymore.  I just don't see it happening in this congress.  I see absolutely no way that it makes it through the house.  When the first bill was introduced in 94, it barely made it through and that was with Democrats having a very strong majority of everything.

I think the biggest item for this legislative session will be immigration.  I believe the prez and Democrats will do everything they can to pass a comprehensive immigration bill (a.k.a. amnesty) to ensure that in 2014 they can regain the house and increase their majority in the senate.  If that happens, then I will get worried.  My only hope is that house Republicans won't be so stupid (even though I know they will be) that they try to pander to the pro-illegal immigrant crowd in the hopes of gaining their vote.  It ain't gonna happen; they will not get their votes.

By the way, organized armed resistance does not equal terrorists.  Only by a lack of understanding the true intent of the 2nd would someone make that statement.  Free people have the right to defend themselves, by force of arms if necessary. This includes an individual defending themselves against a government that has overstepped it constitutional limitations.  However, the only type of scenario that I can think of in which that type of action would be justified by would a complete disregard of the 2nd in conjunction with gun confiscation.

Anyway, as Mike stated, we aren't even remotely close to a situation in which that type of rhetoric should be discussed.  I am more concerned about the fiscal stability of the country than I am of being disarmed.

Edited by mav
[quote name="thefinder808" post="871991" timestamp="1356856002"]I'm not too ashamed to tell you guys, I'm scared. There are things at work bigger than just the regressive president at work here. This could be the beginning of the end for people like us in this country. What if it's just the facebook/texting/screen addicts that allow themselves to be brainwashed overnight that are making everyone's political decisions from here on out? A large number of Americans (I don't know whether to say majority or not) will now believe anything the media or their facebook friends tell them. I urge everyone to go [url=http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML]http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML[/url] to at least try and stop this from happening. The problem is I think their timing and their strategies may have really paid off this time...[/quote]Valid.

By the way, organized armed resistance does not equal terrorists.  Only by a lack of understanding the true intent of the 2nd would someone make that statement.  Free people have the right to defend themselves, by force of arms if necessary. This includes an individual defending themselves against a government that has overstepped it constitutional limitations.  However, the only type of scenario that I can think of in which that type of action would be justified by would a complete disregard of the 2nd in conjunction with gun confiscation.
Our founding Fathers never intended the 2nd amendment to be used by a bunch of azzhats to justify killing Americans because they aren’t happy with the current administration.

We have a set of checks and balances in place. If they fail to point of us taking up arms against each other our country will be in total collapse.

I am an American. I will never turn my back on my country.
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="DaveTN" post="872433" timestamp="1356908226"] I will never turn my back on my country.[/quote] Your democratic liberal brothers have turned their back on you and anyone who disagrees with them.
Take a look around Dave, are you sure your country hasn't turned its back on you?
No it hasn’t. Some that call themselves Americans, but certainly are not Patriots have. That doesn’t mean I will throw my hands in the air and give up.

During the great depression and WWII the world was collapsing around the “Greatest Generation”. Had they given up and turned on each other we would be speaking German and I would have never had the life I have enjoyed. I owe it to my kids and Grandkids to make sure they can enjoy a life at least as good as what I have had. I have tried in every way I know to make sure that will happen. However, as you can see too many have only cared about themselves, they don’t care about future generations.
I've said it before, I'll say it again. The Republic is dead and it is all over but the shooting.
And when the smoke clears there will be a lot of dead terrorists lying on the ground. I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same. What is a Constitutional right and what is not will be determined by the Supreme Court of the United States; not by a thug threatening me with a gun.
Your democratic liberal brothers have turned their back on you and anyone who disagrees with them.

I have been called a lot of things but a Democrat or a liberal were never on the list. smilielol5.gif

We have two very different sides, but do you really think a shooting war will be the answer?

The civil war devastated this country. The wrong side won. Besides killing a bunch of people what did we gain?

What do we have at risk today? We would be a third world country when it was over. A third world country with deployed ballistic submarines with nuclear war heads. How will that end? The whole world would open fire on us.

I have been called a lot of things but a Democrat or a liberal were never on the list. smilielol5.gif

We have two very different sides, but do you really think a shooting war will be the answer?

The civil war devastated this country. The wrong side won. Besides killing a bunch of people what did we gain?

What do we have at risk today? We would be a third world country when it was over. A third world country with deployed ballistic submarines with nuclear war heads. How will that end? The whole world would open fire on us.

Ain't Obama dreamy?

• Moderators
The constitution grants no rights to the citizens of this country. It only acknowledges that which they already possess merely by breathing. When the very government that is supposed to protect those rights and liberties sees fit to trample over them, it makes itself an enemy of the people and of the constitution it is supposed to follow. I don't know whether you just still think there is hope of righting the ship at the ballot box, or if you have the oath you took to the constitution confused with loyalty to the government. I would posit that both positions are incorrect.

Let me be perfectly clear here. The federal government has become an enemy of the constitution and an enemy of the people it is supposed to protect and defend. At this point, the people of this country are well justified in using whatever means are at their disposal (including just shooting the bastards) to dissolve the current bonds and form new ones.

This divide isn't about Republican or Democrat or who wins an election. This is about the being on the side of liberty or tyranny and the federal government has firmly come down on the side of tyranny.

Let me be perfectly clear here. The federal government has become an enemy of the constitution and an enemy of the people it is supposed to protect and defend. At this point, the people of this country are well justified in using whatever means are at their disposal (including just shooting the bastards) to dissolve the current bonds and form new ones.
And when you get done killing the politicians you don’t like, what next? In your fantasy world of attacking the most powerful country on earth filled with people that will give their life to stop you, after you take the Capitol and see yourself holding a gun over your head and planting a new flag…. What then? What do you see happening immediately after that?

What do you see Americans like me doing? In your fantasy am I laying down my rifle and surrendering to you?