Ammo tax

Although I don’t think the government will have much luck banning guns, I think the ammo tax will rise if we allow it.

I was in Illinois last week and saw that a pack of Cigarettes was $6.50.  willy_nilly.gif That’s almost all tax. They can do that for two reasons. One, because no one wants to stand up for smokers, on the contrary they want to ban them from all public places. Two, because poor people are the main group of smokers. Smokers are a larger group than permit holders and are probably as big as those that actively use firearms.

Many people want to ban us from public places also; do you think we will see the unrestricted taxation of ammo we have seen with cigarettes?

BTW…. I drove deep into the heart of Illinois carrying 20 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo. We had a great time.  rollfloor.gif

• Like 1
That's been one of my concerns for some time now. I find another ban unlikely but taxes are a whole other ball game. It is probably the most likely thing to happen IMO and could be almost as effective as a ban. Looking through the Internet last night I found a 500rd of what I assume to match grade 22. for sale. Never heard of the brand but I do know that a$90 a box they'd better be the best damn ammo money can buy. Luckily I've been stocking up a bit on a few calibers but until this all gets sorted out I don't even want to shoot what I have.
  • Like 1
While i would rather neither taxes nor a ban occur, id rather see a tax on it so it would still be obtainable on the open market albeit at a considerably higher price.

Would rather not have to buy guns and or ammo on the black market but have no problem doing so. Its just easier on the open market.

Chicago just reached 500 homicides for 2012 ... the most since 2008.

so what do they do you might ask ?!?!?!?

tax each new gun purchase $25.  that's because we all know criminals go and buy guns legally :squint:

Chicago is what this entire country will soon look like if the obummer followers have their way ....

No.  Afghanistan is what this country would look like if the grabbers have their way.

That's a toughy ...

I'd almost rather be in the sandbox than certain streest in Chicago or CA ...

Got lost on my motorcycle in Watts about 5 years ago ... one of the scariest moments of my life.

Chicago just reached 500 homicides for 2012 ... the most since 2008.

so what do they do you might ask ?!?!?!?

tax each new gun purchase $25.  that's because we all know criminals go and buy guns legally :squint:

Chicago is what this entire country will soon look like if the obummer followers have their way ....

Copy and pasted from another thread.....
Gun control means little or nothing when it comes to crime rates. Memphis consistently has a higher crime rate than Chicago.

Chicago is 4.2 times the size of Memphis. I don’t know how many murders Memphis had last year, but find out and do the math so we can compare them with that story.

I say this because I don’t want the decisions on gun control based on crime rates. It will be used against us. Memphis has very little gun control but is one of the most dangerous cities in this country.

I go to Chicago all the time without a gun and feel as safe as I can feel in a big city. You don’t have to drive through the ghetto to get to downtown Chicago. I would never go to Memphis without a gun; I got my HCP because of a trip to Memphis.

Besides… the restaurants and night life of Chicago is some of the best in the country.

Please don’t try to blame crime on gun legislation all a person has to do is point at Memphis to prove that’s BS.

DAVE ...

I am by no means saying Chicago is worse than Memphis or vice versa.

Simply telling you how I felt when I passed through Watts in CA a few years back :) LOL

My original point was the fact that Chicago taxes anything & everything they can.  They tax the poor via the crazy taxes they have on cigarettes, they tax law abiding gun owners trying to help pay for homicide's and shooting victim's, etc...

DAVE ...

I am by no means saying Chicago is worse than Memphis or vice versa.

Simply telling you how I felt when I passed through Watts in CA a few years back :) LOL

My original point was the fact that Chicago taxes anything & everything they can.  They tax the poor via the crazy taxes they have on cigarettes, they tax law abiding gun owners trying to help pay for homicide's and shooting victim's, etc...
My point is that gun control, either way, has absolutely no impact on crime. It’s an argument I don’t want to have to make. I don’t hunt; it’s an argument I don’t want to have to make.

We are at a time when we need to deal with the facts. Blaming Chicago’s gun laws for their murder rate is as much BS as blaming the availability of guns in Memphis for almost the same murder rate.

I need to be able to defend myself and my family in the event of an economic collapse. And the crime rate of cities with gun restrictions vs. those without, or whether or not I kill animals for sport has zero to do with that.