Colt has officially jumped into the 300 Blackout market

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="KahrMan" post="870452" timestamp="1356708261"]Dolomite,   I have seen several members here that have gotten into the 300 Blackout.  I am not familiar with this round.  Can you give the lowdown on what exactly this round is?[/quote] 223 case opened up to .30 caliber. It is the ballistic equivalent of. 7,62x39. Difference is, the pronounced taper of the soviet round is no longer a problem. That's why you have those godawful walrus tusk looking magazines in an AR to get the '39 to feed. The only thing you need to convert an AR is a barrel. Magazines and BCG stay. Careful handloads and lightweight bullets can get into 30/30 territory but where it really shines is with a super heavy slow moving bullet. For e non casters out there, a 208g Amax from the BLK is DEVASTATING!!!
I hated the round and dismissed it for a long time. Them I actually decided to try loading and shooting it. I have since went full retard for the 300 Blackout.

I cast for it and reload everything I shoot. It costs me 4.4 cents per loaded round.

It has more down range energy than the 5.56 at anything beyond point blank range.

And the only thing you need to change is the barrel on an AR.

Dolomite
Tout all the new humety whatchamacallit super short belted goofball magnum this or that you like but THIS is probably the best commercial development in chamber offerings in many moons.

I'll tell you what I want to see. A Ruger gunsite rifle just like the 308 only chambered in 300 BLK and let it use a 20 round AR magazine that you can feed from the top using 10 round NATO stripper clips or detach the magazine like an AR.
That would be my dream rifle. Edited by Caster

I have been getting interesting in 300 BLK and was wanting to get an upper for my Colt. As with everything I sat on the idea too long and now the market is driving the prices out of my reach (or more than I want to pay). If and when the craziness dies down I will revisit the issue then. Until then I will continue to learn (and read Dolomites threads here) about he 300 BLK.

Dolomite,

I have seen several members here that have gotten into the 300 Blackout.  I am not familiar with this round.  Can you give the lowdown on what exactly this round is?

It's how the AR guys can get an AK and not feel bad about it! :) It's a great round for the same reason the 7.62x39 is, but it maintains the versatility of the AR.