Feinstein admits wanting to add AW to NFA registry

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/clip/4254274

I have been saying it since the Aurora shooting that this is what they are wanting to do. And realistically it would be an easy, easy thing for them to do.

The ATF can arbitrarily write an opinion adding these weapons to the NFA registry. They have used opinion letters before to add items to the registry that were initially legal without being registered like the Atkins Accelerator stock, Street Sweeper shotguns as well as a bunch of other items. All of those were added and did not go through congress. All it took was a opinion letter by the ATF to make them a NFA item. This is how I suspect it will happen.

What we need to do is write, email and call our representatives. We also need to call other representatives because those taking the calls will not verify who you are or what jurisdiction you live in. It is not against the law to call someone else's representative. We need to take a play out of our opponents playbook and do this.

Dolomite

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/clip/4254274

I have been saying it since the Aurora shooting that this is what they are wanting to do. And realistically it would be an easy, easy thing for them to do.

The ATF can arbitrarily write an opinion adding these weapons to the NFA registry. They have used opinion letters before to add items to the registry that were initially legal without being registered like the Atkins Accelerator stock, Street Sweeper shotguns as well as a bunch of other items. All of those were added and did not go through congress. All it took was a opinion letter by the ATF to make them a NFA item. This is how I suspect it will happen.

What we need to do is write, email and call our representatives. We also need to call other representatives because those taking the calls will not verify who you are or what jurisdiction you live in. It is not against the law to call someone else's representative. We need to take a play out of our opponents playbook and do this.

Dolomite

If the ATF can do this by an opinion letter outside of Congress, does the weight of our representatives have any bearing?   I'm guessing the ATF might say, "thank you for your nice comments but we don't give a crap".   

If the ATF can do this by an opinion letter outside of Congress, does the weight of our representatives have any bearing?   I'm guessing the ATF might say, "thank you for your nice comments but we don't give a crap".   

How can they get it done without increasing their budget? Where do they have to go to get a budget increase?

It will not be the ATF that starts or recommends this because they are under a enourmous work load as it is. It will be our reps that pressure the ATF to do this. But on the same token our representatives can use that same pressure to prevent it from happening. Call and tell your reps to remove more of the budget if they try to add any new weapons ot the NFA registry on a mass scale.
So, they're gonna fine everybody $200 a pop for owning legal weapons, or waive the fee? Since it takes months to get through the system now, how will that work when you try to shove millions of AR-15's and AK-47's through the system? Diane is full of crap.

They will likely waive the $200 fee during the registration portion. Heck, they might even make all transfers free but still needing to do the background. Think our 6 month wait times are rediculous? Imagine a 2+ year wait for approval before taking possession of that newly purchased AR or AK.

Dolomite
[quote name="mikegideon" post="868929" timestamp="1356535206"]How can they get it done without increasing their budget? Where do they have to go to get a budget increase?[/quote] Perhaps they won't get it done. Add millions of guns to NFA, ATF can't do the paper work, sorry your gun is illegal. You have to turn it in until your paperwork is (never) done.
Perhaps they won't get it done. Add millions of guns to NFA, ATF can't do the paper work, sorry your gun is illegal. You have to turn it in until your paperwork is (never) done.

Well... It's a good thing Diane isn't running this place, eh? She is on the extreme end of this issue. Always has been.

It's still gun registration. So, can you imagine the next step?

Gee, a standard firearm in the NFA registry. Adolph Hitler will have arisen.

Don't think it will happen.

So this basically bypasses all democracy? Great...

Just like an EO does.

She wants to do a buy back program?! How much will that cost us the tax payers?! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

per NRA post I got on FB, it would be " a proposal that could be compulsory. “We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said. Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., already discussed the possibility of a buy-back law for his state, but he made clear it would be a forced buyback." Edited by vontar

Gotta agree with you, Gordon, but I still don't think the House will go for it. It will definitely happen if we

lose the House. It's the only thing holding them back, until, at the least 2014.

It's also why there needs to be a fight to kill the NFA in its entirety, but with the way things and people

are, nowadays, I'm still laughing I suggested that.

Common sense went out the door a long time ago.

Edited by 6.8 AR

And if something does make us criminals and we are arrested, then convicted we will remain in prison even if the law is later repealed. There are thousands of people in prison right now for laws that are no longer a law. Drug laws are a prime example of this. With the recent decision in Colorado to legalize marijuana totally those that were arrested or convicted even the day beofre will likely have to complete their punishment.

And if a turn in happened the guns would be destroyed before the courts would ever decide either way.

Dolomite

There are several ways for them to force the registration and background checks of every firearm sale without going through the legislative process. When that happens hopefully every gun owner will be outraged but I suspect we, as gun owners, will divide into those who own AW and those who don't. Heck I have heard it from several deer hunters that a bolt gun can do anything an AR can so there is no need for an AR.

Dolomite

Well, FDR banned gold with an EO, so I guess you're right. That's an awful lot of people who have to be rounded

up to go to prison. won't be too many left free to pay the taxes to pay for the new prisons needed to house all of

us.

Feinstein has tried this for how long? I just don't see it happening. There are too many arguments against and

too many House members who know it would be political suicide. They can't force a buy back. SCOTUS, at the

moment is on our side with their recent decisions. Only way is an EO. Herr Fuhrer doesn't want to open that can

of worms.

Feinstein has tried this for how long? I just don't see it happening. There are too many arguments against and

too many House members who know it would be political suicide. They can't force a buy back. SCOTUS, at the

moment is on our side with their recent decisions. Only way is an EO. Herr Fuhrer doesn't want to open that can

of worms.

I don't think he would have a problem opening that can of worms because it does not affect him. He has proven over and over again to not care what public opinion says. And our representatives would posture and nothing more if he did. If the R's were that concerned O would have been been impeached already. O has done dozens of things in his first 4 years to bypass congress and those opposed to him have done nothing more than talk and some even cower.

O is so arrogant that he has no problem doing something that is questionable like a EO regulating firrearms in some way. Heck he even uses his political position to hide those around him who have blatantly, and in public view, broken the law.

Dolomite

There's no way he could have effectively been impeached and removed, with the Dems still in control of the Senate.

I agree with your sentiment, though. The ATF morons could have a lot more work to do, but I still don't think so.

Since having run up and down that EO list that is on another thread, and even though most everything on that list

is an extreme abuse of executive power assertion, I wouldn't be surprised if he did. His second term would be one

big turmoil and it would be one more example how he is trying to tear this country apart. If he does, I hope he rots

in Hell.