RCBS rock chucker for Christmas

So we weren't really planning on getting anything big this year because we were helping some of our friends out so there kids could have Christmas. Well I have been wanting a reloading press since about August so it was on my Christmas list to my wife which means I can`t buy it till after Christmas well to my surprise she bought me one. a RCBS rock chucked supreme. Well now I need to find a time when Mr. David is near Chattanooga to pick up some powder and primers. Also now I am on the hunt for some dies. Anybody know of a good place to buy some reasonable ? Also any words of wisdom I have been reading the abc of reloading. Also what powder do y'all recommend for 32 cap, 380, 9mm, 40 s&w, 357 mag, 38 special, .223 rem, 30-06.

Congrats on the press, it is a GOOD one.

Powder, I use "Titegroup" for all my pistol rounds, there are other

powders that are most likley better for certian calibers, but I have

good results with titegroup.

I use WC846 for my .308 and IMR 4350 for my 7mm rem mag.

I just shoot for fun and plinking.

That is till it all sank after the boat flipped. :yuck:

The RCBS Rock Chucker kit comes with the Speer Manual. It's a pretty good one. Read all the front material, TWICE, and read the pages on the calibers you own.

Really, this time around, for reloading equipment especially, it really is best to RTFM - Read the "Fine" Manual.

• Like 1
Also any words of wisdom 

Congrats, the Rock Chucker is a durable press that can last a lifetime.    I've had mine for about 27 years and it's still going strong.  

I'd start out with handgun caliber you shoot the most and load that first.  Give yourself a little time to get the hang of it before branching out to the rifle calibers since reloading for handguns is simpler.     

Also, set up your reloading bench somewhere quite so you can minimize the distractions.   Carelessness with reloading can get you hurt so pay close attention to the details and it can be a rewarding hobby to go along with shooting.  

For 223 and 30-06 Varget is a great powder for those starting out. It is very difficult to get enough in a 223 case to be dangerous. Not saying it is impossible but you really have to work hard at it. I am unsure if the same can be said for 30-06.

For 9mm and 38/357 I have used HS-6, Clays and Longshot. Now I use Power Pistol for all of my pistol calibers.

Dolomite